replacement wings.

danny_dj3

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone has bought or seen these fitted?

i know they are a little wider but with the lack of wings on ebay/gumtree/s3 guy i'm wondering if it would be a smart move to get a pair of these and spacer the wheels out a little. im ok spending 400 notes on wings that aren't gonna rust and are not used. tried the guy in stoke, hes got modified ones?!?, tried Chris/facebook guy and got no reply, even tried part request and got laughed at :p

took the drivers wing off the grey one today and it was a hell of a lot worse than i originally assumed, literally rusted half way up the flare of the wing and almost able to poke a hole through it.

anyone got any advice for removing the sills as the majority of the torx's are rusted out.

No experience myself but i'd go for them if yours are too far gone, can you not get yours repaired though? For the £400 it is going to cost to buy them, a skilled metal worker could possibly fix your originals?

Reactions: danny_dj3
i think one is possibly repairable, but the one thats off is defo not going back on, i will grab a pic n throw it up. just found a spot on the bottom of the arch on the black one today too....aghhhh! its treatable tho, only really light surface rust.

so heres the not so clever one.
Inner 1
Inner wing
until i poked it, it wasn't too bad :(
not sure this ones repairable, the n/s ain't as bad but still bubbled at the bottom of the arch/sill. whilst i was down the unit i found a scrap of some carbon fibre vinyl wrap we used for a roof a while back and thought i would do a little test to see how well it lasts.
Carbon

looks alright tbh, its proper and not the ***** holographic stuff a lot of companies peddle out.

guy in stoke got back to me, 150 notes per side unseen [ asked for photos, no reply and got a feeling they are the none s3-bodged ones he was on about] so prob gonna give it a miss. no reply back off Chris either, soooooo looks like im gonna grab the GRP ones.

heres the before i poked pic :D

IMG 20210421 101048

IMG 20210421 WA0002

all the crap on the floor is from behind the wheel liner, it was packed solid and had lovely green sprouts of life coming from it all. this stuff blocked up the drain routes and has helped rust kick in. if you haven't, or never thought about it, get your car up and clean them out on both sides, as its a 5 min job to do [ wheel off, liner out ]and could save rather a lot of money.

Reactions: hydro s3
Dam, they are pretty bad I can see why the fibreglass ones are worth entertaining, with the extra width could be quite handy. That said they are sold in raw form..... be interesting to see how much work you’ve got to do to them to get them to look good ready for paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk