Replacing a RNS-E with a Concert, is it possible?

lakers1234

Reaction score
Hi guys

I recently purchased a 2008 facelift Audi A3 s line . It came with Audi RNS-E Nav from factory standard which works absolutely fine.

I have another project on a slightly newer Audi A3 8p so I want to put my RNS-E into that one and put the concert from that one into this.

I have realised straight away that there’s 2 plugs extra from the car that’s got the RNS-e as standard.

I know it’s possible to go from concert to RNS-E as there is endless threads on it

My question is, is it possible to go from RNS-E to concert? And how would I go about doing this

I have already taken them out and tried plugging the concert into the RNS-e car, but it’s not powering up due to the extra 2 plugs

Thanks

What two extra plugs are you referring to? The concert unit needs +12v on the Quadlock plug corresponding to D16 on the RNS-E.

Random picture from Audizine, red circle around the mentioned pin.
w8x05c.jpg

C1DEB81A C8F6 44A0 BCB9 5060BB6E4257

Hi fellas thanks for your responses

As you can see there is the extra Grey plug and the extra blue one. The Quadlock goes in fine, as does the white double pin plug.
Below is a picture of the RNSE unit that I took out, and also a picture of the back of the concert radio that I’m attempting to put in

E3186B3C 7CB4 4DA3 885D E9BD0C00D50C
D1DDF9C0 9C25 461C B4BB 702D9A88B051

The grey 32 pin is probably your AUX. It can be repinned to the quadlock according to the wiring diagram on top of the concert.

The blue fakra is GPS antenna. Not in use for the concert.

And as stated in my previous post, you need to jump D15 to D16 to fire up the concert HU.

The grey 32 pin is probably your AUX. It can be repinned to the quadlock according to the wiring diagram on top of the concert.

The blue fakra is GPS antenna. Not in use for the concert.

And as stated in my previous post, you need to jump D15 to D16 to fire up the concert HU.

I don’t know quite what you mean by jump the D15 to D16 . What is a D15 and a D16 and where am I looking for them? also what is meant by “needs +12v on the quad lock” . Sorry I’m quite good with cars, but not good with electrical terms so much lol. Thank you

Last edited:
Right I think I understand what you mean by the D15 and D16 but how on earth do you remove these pins, seems very difficult

Thanks

There should be a tab at the rear of the connector that you pull out. This then allows you to remove and insert the pin in the correct place.

Ok I found a terminal removing tool at home. I have removed d15 and put it into d16, and no change?

Could you solder a wire onto D15 wire and branch that off into D16 pin

You have to have +12v on BOTH D15 and D16

Sorry I’m nearly a complete amateur on this stereo stuff. Please tell me what you mean by this. Also below, someone has mentioned about soldering a wire from D15 to d16.

What is meant by +12v on both d15 and d16