Replacing Boot Lid/Tailgate on 3dr A3 8P - Lock/Central Locking

tec2tec

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking to replace the boot lid/tailgate on my 2010 3dr A3 8P.
I have the replacement part, complete with all electrical components and trim.

I'm confident with replacing the boot lid itself, however my question is about the boot lock.
Will the boot locking mechanism work by simply installing the new boot lid? Or will I need to install the old lock onto the new part?

I've tried to speak with local Audi dealerships, but have been unable to get an answer so far.

Thanks

Hi,

I am looking to replace the boot lid/tailgate on my 2010 3dr A3 8P.
I have the replacement part, complete with all electrical components and trim.

I'm confident with replacing the boot lid itself, however my question is about the boot lock.
Will the boot locking mechanism work by simply installing the new boot lid? Or will I need to install the old lock onto the new part?

I've tried to speak with local Audi dealerships, but have been unable to get an answer so far.

Thanks
Hi yes it will work remove from one and fit on other

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sorry my bad don't know what I was thinking

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.

Gave it a go over the weekend, keeping the new lock in place, and it all fits/works perfectly.

The only odd thing I noticed was that my original boot had an additional antenna connection (6Q0 035 575), where as the replacement did not. The only difference in spec is that the replacement was from the Black Edition, as opposed to my standard S Line.
Despite this, my radio still works so far. A bit of Googling suggests "my car has two antennas (one in the roof and one in the rear window) that 'alternate/compensate' one another to provide a consistent signal" - not sure if anyone has any experience/knowledge of this to confirm?

Thanks