Replacing Front Audi Emblem on 2021 S3 Vorsprung

Matt Wainwright

Reaction score
I have recently got hold of a set of the OEM Black badges and emblems for my 2021 Audi S3 Sportback Vorsprung.
An Audi approved garage have a managed to replace the rear chrome badges and grille badge today, but we’re unable to remove the chrome grille Audi Emblem in the time allotted for today.
They’ve stated that they’d have to remove the whole bumper to do this and would need the vehicle for another 2-3 hours the do so.

I am aware of Youtube videos of ways to remove the emblem on older models with screwdrivers and thin plastic tools. I do not intend to butcher it myself.

Does anyone have any experience with the brand new models and how to access and remove the grille emblem?

Attachments

• 9CE9D8C5-19F9-42B0-8512-6747BEF67DCC.jpeg
    9CE9D8C5-19F9-42B0-8512-6747BEF67DCC.jpeg
    618.3 KB · Views: 1,359
Reactions: Audi Bairn
I have recently got hold of a set of the OEM Black badges and emblems for my 2021 Audi S3 Sportback Vorsprung.
An Audi approved garage have a managed to replace the rear chrome badges and grille badge today, but we’re unable to remove the chrome grille Audi Emblem in the time allotted for today.
They’ve stated that they’d have to remove the whole bumper to do this and would need the vehicle for another 2-3 hours the do so.

I am aware of Youtube videos of ways to remove the emblem on older models with screwdrivers and thin plastic tools. I do not intend to butcher it myself.

Does anyone have any experience with the brand new models and how to access and remove the grille emblem?
can you upload a photo of the clips of the emblems?

The front emblem is held on by clips which are part of the body of the emblem itself just look at the black emblem you've bought and you'll see this

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Front Grille Emblem

Attachments

• 017474E3-9B24-4D63-88C4-B86EC43C9DEB.jpeg
    017474E3-9B24-4D63-88C4-B86EC43C9DEB.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 610
  • 0DCAF655-769E-4FB0-AFC4-1949DF50735C.jpeg
    0DCAF655-769E-4FB0-AFC4-1949DF50735C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 450
  • 5E585AFB-F80C-4ED5-8C05-58E51F93F19B.jpeg
    5E585AFB-F80C-4ED5-8C05-58E51F93F19B.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 478
Reactions: Jassyo06
The front emblem is held on by clips which are part of the body of the emblem itself just look at the black emblem you've bought and you'll see this

I saw the clips, I was just wondering if there is a way to release them without damaging the existing chrome emblem or the grille trim?

Just done mine on my S5 - from your photos the clips look identical.

I used a plastic trim removal tool starting at the in the middle at the bottom. Trick is too gently prise the tool under the emblem to release one of the clips and then work your way around towards the sides and then finishing at the top.

It wasn’t difficult, just takes a bit of confidence getting the first clip undone. Once I got started it was a 5 minute job and I got the emblem off without breaking any of the clips.

Personally I would not use a screwdriver - got the trim removal tool off eBay - set of them was less than £20 and I find them useful for loads of different jobs around the house as well as on the car - well worth getting a set.

Pic below shows what the grill looks like with the emblem removed

70088403 DE08 4913 B482 17FC1B29725D

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06

I used a plastic trim removal tool starting at the in the middle at the bottom. Trick is too gently prise the tool under the emblem to release one of the clips and then work your way around towards the sides and then finishing at the top.

It wasn’t difficult, just takes a bit of confidence getting the first clip undone. Once I got started it was a 5 minute job and I got the emblem off without breaking any of the clips.

Personally I would not use a screwdriver - got the trim removal tool off eBay - set of them was less than £20 and I find them useful for loads of different jobs around the house as well as on the car - well worth getting a set.

View attachment 235634
Thanks for your help. Appreciate it mate

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06

View attachment 235634
Can't remember what l used to remove the front chrome emblem but it ended up buckled anyway wasn't caring lol the rear emblem on my car was very stubborn to remove as well got it all to do again
I tape off the perimeter of the emblems and rear badge then remove then give the area a quick clean then a quick once over with my smaller machine polisher

It's super stubborn on the 8y, the pry tools I was using just wouldn't get in far enough.

I think to do it cleanly it's a bumper off jobby (that's what I ended up doing) but eager to know if you have any luck with the pry tools.

And well done on not butchering the car lol, ive seen a few black badges now and know exactly where to look for the marks

It's super stubborn on the 8y, the pry tools I was using just wouldn't get in far enough.

I think to do it cleanly it's a bumper off jobby (that's what I ended up doing) but eager to know if you have any luck with the pry tools.

And well done on not butchering the car lol, ive seen a few black badges now and know exactly where to look for the marks
Every Audi apart from the tt and R8 all have the same front grill emblem type
The 8y is no different....

Reactions: 8YARWY
No doubt they're the same but I can only go from my experience of having tried on two cars both were stubborn and not at all like what is shown on YouTube videos where they look a bit easier to pry away.

Can't remember what l used to remove the front chrome emblem but it ended up buckled anyway wasn't caring lol the rear emblem on my car was very stubborn to remove as well got it all to do again
I tape off the perimeter of the emblems and rear badge then remove then give the area a quick clean then a quick once over with my smaller machine polisher

A

I’ve ordered some trim tools online and will give it a go. Although if it’s too stubborn I might have to bite the bullet and pay a garage to do it. All the other badges are done and look the part. Frustratingly one odd one out until the front emblems done.

Attachments

• 9AB63B81-1E82-4257-B168-439A6EDA753E.jpeg
    9AB63B81-1E82-4257-B168-439A6EDA753E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,311
  • 63615F86-B7D1-431D-82A7-FD24A5CA1DCD.jpeg
    63615F86-B7D1-431D-82A7-FD24A5CA1DCD.jpeg
    865.9 KB · Views: 693
I’ve ordered some trim tools online and will give it a go. Although if it’s too stubborn I might have to bite the bullet and pay a garage to do it. All the other badges are done and look the part. Frustratingly one odd one out until the front emblems done.
Start prising the front emblem off underneath the left hand circle...... ie 7 o'clock it comes away easier by starting at the bottom also apply masking tape around the plinth surround if it'll make you worry less about marking the plinth surround

Reactions: Matt Wainwright

dont suppose you have the part numbers for the badges? looking to order some.

Tom Fox at Crewe Audi Parts will be able to tell you as well as give you a price. The ones for my S5 were £45 each.

His email is t.fox@creweaudi.co.uk

Reactions: Q5 TRS
dont suppose you have the part numbers for the badges? looking to order some.
I have attached the invoice with the numbers from Audi Parts Direct in Cardiff.

Attachments

• E27F91C2-C32C-4FFE-92BD-27AAF15F61A9.jpeg
    E27F91C2-C32C-4FFE-92BD-27AAF15F61A9.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 748
Reactions: Q5 TRS
Start prising the front emblem off underneath the left hand circle...... ie 7 o'clock it comes away easier by starting at the bottom also apply masking tape around the plinth surround if it'll make you worry less about marking the plinth surround

Spent a good hour trying to prise the emblem off with some plastic trim tools I have purchased. I can’t get beneath the emblem enough to release the first clip at 7 o clock position. In doing so slightly marking it plinth.
Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.
Failing that, going to have to pay a garage for a bumper off job.

I have attached the invoice with the numbers from Audi Parts Direct in Cardiff.

That’s awesome thanks! I was thinking of asking my detailer if he could do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spent a good hour trying to prise the emblem off with some plastic trim tools I have purchased. I can’t get beneath the emblem enough to release the first clip at 7 o clock position. In doing so slightly marking it plinth.
Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.
Failing that, going to have to pay a garage for a bumper off job.
9 times out of ten your going to mark/bend the chrome emblem no matter how careful you are...only other tip would be to heat up the emblem with a hairdryer then pry the emblem off a little bit and fish a slim cable tie behind the emblem ie in... behind and out the emblem this will give you more leverage here is what l mean see photo
7c8cdc05a6c5700030fb1a11b24327bd.jpg

my got should be black already i see in uk compare to eu models are more bad spec

Might be worth trying popping one or two clips from behind.

If you remove the top panel above the bumper where the bonnet release is.

It has 5-6 push in clips, once those are out on the back end of the bonnet release there is a tab. Push that in fully and lift upwards and that should pop off.

This will let you see some of the clips from behind, I'm told it can be removed this way however didn't get that far as I'm keeping the chrome badges on mine lol.

Let me know if it works apparently a straight blade screwdriver on the clips from behind pops it out.

Every Audi apart from the tt and R8 all have the same front grill emblem type
The 8y is no different....

Agreed mate. I’ve never had an issue with any of em.

There‘s a video posted a couple of days ago in the tt forum where the emblem is changed. Assume S3 would be similar.

Karl

Last edited:
Finally it’s off!. Emblem was stubborn as f**k. All done now.

Attachments

• 25F33FE5-E264-4241-B47C-D3154FA86027.jpeg
    25F33FE5-E264-4241-B47C-D3154FA86027.jpeg
    373.2 KB · Views: 663
  • 7AB851FE-8AE7-4BEC-9FAC-5D93F9A4D4EB.jpeg
    7AB851FE-8AE7-4BEC-9FAC-5D93F9A4D4EB.jpeg
    312 KB · Views: 517
Reactions: Jassyo06, BarryG79, db23 and 2 others
Not cheap. £160 for the set. Didn’t fancy putting cheap EBay ones on there. I got the dealership to agree to cover costs.

Attachments

• 798096AD-6C25-4992-99C0-27DE672343B2.jpeg
    798096AD-6C25-4992-99C0-27DE672343B2.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 585
Any advice on removing the front S3 badge?

Hi im looking to replace the front rings but cant seem to find the right size badge, i had a look today to see if i could pop the badge out from behind the grill instead of trying to pry it out, i moved the plastic that covers the gap where the bonnet release is and got my arm down and can feel parts of the badge and i can see my hand from the front but i dont know what it looks like behind there or if its even possible, has anyone else tried this? thanks

Hi im looking to replace the front rings but cant seem to find the right size badge, i had a look today to see if i could pop the badge out from behind the grill instead of trying to pry it out, i moved the plastic that covers the gap where the bonnet release is and got my arm down and can feel parts of the badge and i can see my hand from the front but i dont know what it looks like behind there or if its even possible, has anyone else tried this? thanks
Hey wich part as that was my idea

what do you mean by which part? im trying to find the front rings in gloss black but cant find one that fits the 2021 model, all the ones ive seen are too long as ive measured it, but i was hoping to release the clips from behind the grill if its possible.

I got.g
what do you mean by which part? im trying to find the front rings in gloss black but cant find one that fits the 2021 model, all the ones ive seen are too long as ive measured it, but i was hoping to release the clips from behind the grill if its possible.
Front ?