Replacing fuel pipes S3 8L Bam

whizz371

Reaction score
I am in the process of replacing the flow and return to the fuel rail. I have new hose and fittings. I was hoping to get the old hoses off of the OEM connectors, they are off of the fuel rail. Not having much luck due the to metal securing rings. I really need to get the 90deg OEM connectors out put cannot see how to disconnect them. Obviously dont want to break or damage them so any help would be good thanks.

I am in the process of replacing the flow and return to the fuel rail. I have new hose and fittings. I was hoping to get the old hoses off of the OEM connectors, they are off of the fuel rail. Not having much luck due the to metal securing rings. I really need to get the 90deg OEM connectors out put cannot see how to disconnect them. Obviously dont want to break or damage them so any help would be good thanks.
Just cut and pull them off carefully they are meant to be well secured because being a fuel line and all but they are not easy you can get replacements though if you run into any problems I have some spares I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk 20200721 111202

Last edited:
Two things to do boil the kettle and tip some poiling water in a cup put the end of the hose in the cup and warm up the rubber hose, this will make it more likely to come off. If this doesn't work use a small flat blade scewdriver to lever the rubber at the end of the hose and squirt some wd40 in there. Try reheating. The fittings aren't that strong so quite easy to break them by applying too much force.

Reactions: NHN
Ok get a 90 degree pick tool or the like under the edge & pull it round the inside of the rubber pipe, this will release the years old stuck seal, trust me done this many times & it's never failed, other route is get a pair of pliers, just grip & turn it back & forth by mm & this also breaks the seal & then you can pull them of slowly, they should not tear if done properly, also done this numerous times with zero damage.

If it's the push fit type, you push in the plastic part & slowly wiggle then of, but ai suspect it's the metal clamp spring clip type & thus use the aforementioned process, the rubber pipes are heavy duty so should not tear unless you're way to heavy handed.

Thanks all , but they have a metal band on them with no way of releasing it. I think the OEM ones come with the plastic inserts already fitted. I am trying now to cut the metal bands B4 I can get the pipes off.

Thanks all , but they have a metal band on them with no way of releasing it. I think the OEM ones come with the plastic inserts already fitted. I am trying now to cut the metal bands B4 I can get the pipes off.
Yes like I said cut them off carefully as I did in the pic they will come off just use care and patience and previously mentioned advice. Use a dremmel metal blade if you have one.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

You don't need to cut them at all, just need to use a paid of pliers or grips to push them open to slide down the pipe, I have a specific tool for this job, but before that I used that method.