Replacing Porsche discs and pads

RyanS3TT

Reaction score
Evening all,

I bought my Mtm s3 recently that already had big red Porsche brakes on.

The time has come to replace these now and I wondered how can I tell what Porsche they are from? And what varieties I can get?

I will be buying front discs and pads Saturday. Anyone know the eat place to get them and how to check model?

Thanks .. Ryan

If you measure the disks we might be able to help.

There are many combinations, some use vag 312 or 323mm disks some use porsche 330mm disks with custom bells, and some use fully custom disks/bells.

Or has it got a name on the rotor part of the disc, i.e mine are Ecs tuning from america!,not ****** cheep either!

I know at the moment it has gt2 pads if that helps? I will check when I am home.. Anyone know the best place to get the pads and discs? eBay or type911?

Sent Kim Collins an email today as I'm still in Greece hopefully he can help as qst is where the conversion was done.

Waiting on his reply now

Best get your chequebook out mate! I bet you're looking at £800 all in for discs and pads

Sent Kim Collins an email today as I'm still in Greece hopefully he can help as qst is where the conversion was done.

Waiting on his reply now
Where in bristol are you from?,i take it you work oversea's?,you car power sounds nice be good to see it!

No I'm on holiday at the moment :)

Back tonight..

In from Clevedon just outside of Bristol.

Feel free to come check her out if your ever near.

Back from holiday now and looking through some receipts..

It seems quattronics fitted 993tt brake rotors lhs and rhs. Part number 99335104510.. A quick search on type 911 shows this is a 993 turbo and c4s disc.

And not cheap per disc either.

Also it had 996 rear pads?

Sometimes I wish I bought a standard car :p

Anyone confirm if 993 turbo discs sound correct?

Thanks

Back from holiday now and looking through some receipts..

It seems quattronics fitted 993tt brake rotors lhs and rhs. Part number 99335104510.. A quick search on type 911 shows this is a 993 turbo and c4s disc.

And not cheap per disc either.

Also it had 996 rear pads?

Sometimes I wish I bought a standard car :p

Anyone confirm if 993 turbo discs sound correct?

Thanks

Ryan I have the AMD kit on mine which on the front uses calipers, discs and pads from a 993 Turbo. The bells are modified to fit 8L so you need to re-use these when replacing the rotors. I ordered some new ones from EuroCarParts using the 25% discount that often comes around. The discs were identical and a straight swap.

Brilliant.. Thanks..
What do you mean the 25% discount? I four the discs on eBay for around 130 or 210 with pads.

If you don't mind, how much did you pay?

Also ... Sorry to ask but the bells.. How easy are they to swap?

Brilliant.. Thanks..
What do you mean the 25% discount? I four the discs on eBay for around 130 or 210 with pads.

If you don't mind, how much did you pay?

Disks were about £150 each IIRC. Old bells just need a good clean up with a wire brush to ensure a good fit on the new rotors - thanks Bill and tuffty :icon_thumright:
I've seen other disks cheaper but doubt whether they were the same fit. I took advantage of a promotional discount at the time, but they seem to have as many as DFS so if you wait a week........

Ahh, Ill have a look.

Did you get OEM Pagid discs?

I found a pair with pads for £266.

Again wih the bells, are they the centres? - and how do they come off?

thanks

Ahh, Ill have a look.

Did you get OEM Pagid discs?

I found a pair with pads for £266.

Again wih the bells, are they the centres? - and how do they come off?

thanks

I got the OEM ones, can't remember whether they were Pagid? Yes the bell is the centre part and it simply unbolts from the disc.

No I'm on holiday at the moment :)

Back tonight..

In from Clevedon just outside of Bristol.

Feel free to come check her out if your ever near.
yea would love to see her!,i do have some freinds in cleavdon nailsie,il pm if ever near!!