Replacing S5 rear brake pads.

Flowrider99

Reaction score
My 2014 S5 had its yearly oil service today and the garage noted that the rear inside brake pad on the offside is 90% worn so I need to replace all the rear pads (disks are ok). I would normally change my own pads but not done the Audi before so anything I need to be aware of before I start, any recommendations on manufacturers?

Thanks

I believe you'll need to use VCDS to deactivate the parking brake and be able to retract the pistons.

Reactions: A5Pedro and Flowrider99
Yes. Or OBDeleven can do it.

Mutch mutch mutch cheaper than VCDS.

Reactions: A5Pedro and Flowrider99
I don't have VCDS or ODBEleven, i do have Carista so i will see if thag will deactivatd the handbrake. Looking on ECP, i was thinking of getting the Brembo pads.

I bought a set of Brembo rear pads and discs from Eurocarparts 50% off sale. I have Carista so i can put the EPB into service position and looking at some Youtube vids it looks pretty straight forward. I noticed that no one uses copper ease in the videos, is this not a requirement?

Thanks for the responses from Dippy and Muppet on Tour, i guess there aren't many members that change their own brakes.

I would love to change my own, but have a friend that does it for me and who I trust.

He still uses copper grease. I have also heard silicon grease can be used. I thought it was to reduce the chance I squeal, but now I'm not sure.

I would love to change my own, but have a friend that does it for me and who I trust.

He still uses copper grease. I have also heard silicon grease can be used. I thought it was to reduce the chance I squeal, but now I'm not sure.
Thanks. I believe the use of copper ease is to reduce brake squeal, at least it used to be, but none of the video's i have seen have mentioned it.