Replacing/swapping cracked full size grille - any recommendations in Manchester?

jrsteeve

Reaction score
As above really, bought the car with a cracked grille last year, now have the replacement part but really don't fancy taking the whole bumper off in case I scratch it, can anyone recommend a decent small/cheap bodyshop near central Manchester to do the job? Been quoted around £100+vat which sounds rather high to me, am I wrong?

cheers for any help!

As above really, bought the car with a cracked grille last year, now have the replacement part but really don't fancy taking the whole bumper off in case I scratch it, can anyone recommend a decent small/cheap bodyshop near central Manchester to do the job? Been quoted around £100+vat which sounds rather high to me, am I wrong?

cheers for any help!

DIY mate, aslong as you have something to put the bumper onto when youve taken all the bolts out you wont get any scratches on there. All the screws/bolts you need to take out are either under the car or inside the car through the wheel well behind the lining.

A mate got his done from someone that does it for £50 so £100 seems a bit expensive.

have taken my off a couple of times, piece of pi55! should take no more that 45mins for the whole job. have a go, its not hard, prob lots of instructions on here. i may know a place in Sale, that are good guys but no sure on the price but would like to think cheaper than £120

also ask N8, sure he's done this lots of times and should hopefully be cheaper. drop him a pm

Cheers guys, might have another look at the weekend and see how it goes. Had a crack on it a few weeks ago but gave up after it started ******* down. Does the car need to be jacked up to get to the screws at all?

I might be working in Manchester tomorrow if you want me to have a look. pm me