Replacing the Foot Pedals

ScottishA4B9

Hi All.
I would like to fit some metal brake pedals for my manual car. Does anybody have a good link for some?
I normally like OEM. Thanks

ScottishA4B9

Well I ordered some of eBay and the quality was terrible.
I then ordered some from Audi Parts direct.....nearly 4 weeks later and still waiting on them!

ArrEssDrei

Loads of these on Aliexpress including a metal dead pedal to match. Can't vouch for the quality, but you can check feedback.

ScottishA4B9

Loads of these on Aliexpress including a metal dead pedal to match. Can't vouch for the quality, but you can check feedback.
I think that’s where my ones on eBay originally came from! I noticed these, along with the other Chinese pedals were missing a bit in the clutch pedal that helped it stay on. Unlike the OEM ones!

ArrEssDrei

I think that’s where my ones on eBay originally came from! I noticed these, along with the other Chinese pedals were missing a bit in the clutch pedal that helped it stay on. Unlike the OEM ones!

I guess as with most thing on Aliexpress they are dirt cheap, so you take a punt and hope for the best, but if you want it to fit for sure OEM is the only option.

ScottishA4B9

I guess as with most thing on Aliexpress they are dirt cheap, so you take a punt and hope for the best, but if you want it to fit for sure OEM is the only option.
They were from eBay in the UK

ScottishA4B9

No they were from Aliexpress like 75% of the stuff on ebay, they buy in bulk from aliexpress or simular and sell on ebay for a huge mark up.
Oh yeah defo from China originally and probably one of those sites. I was just saying I bought mine from eBay.

CanadaA3wales

Canadian living in South Wales - Audi A3 8V 150BHP
Spend the money and get some from Ebay Audi
You will feel the quality difference.
Mine did not come in a OEM box, but they are all marked VAG

8v1.8tfsi

How do you fit the metal pedals on top of the current basic pedals ? Do they just clip on top of the current ones ? And is there any difference in feel between the metal and standard ones when driving ?

ScottishA4B9

Spend the money and get some from Ebay Audi
You will feel the quality difference.
Mine did not come in a OEM box, but they are all marked VAG
Yeah that’s what I did in the end. Crap service though as they accepted my order and didn’t have any in stock so had to wait 3 weeks for more from Germany and didn’t tell me until I chased them up!

ScottishA4B9

How do you fit the metal pedals on top of the current basic pedals ? Do they just clip on top of the current ones ? And is there any difference in feel between the metal and standard ones when driving ?
You remove the rubber covers and fit on top apart from the clutch which just dots on top of the current one.

ScottishA4B9

Got my genuine ones fitted today.

Attachments

• upload_2021-1-17_19-27-59.jpeg
    upload_2021-1-17_19-27-59.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 81