Replacing wings

RoyalBoob

Reaction score
It's time for me to replace my pretty shoddy wings. I'm looking at a pair from eBay pre-sprayed in the correct paint code - unless anyone has any better suggestions.

I've got a bodyshop in mind to do the work, but how hard is it to do this myself?
Am I letting myself into a nightmare or is it fairly straightforward with some axel stands and a second person to assist?

Anyone here done it?

Cheers.

Once the new wings arrive just use them as a template to find the bolts you need to remove from the wing on the car, it should be straight forward wings are not generally that difficult to remove, just take off the wheel for better access remove the inner arch open the bonnet drop the corner of the bumper down and your already half way there.

Id be more concerned on these "pre painted" wings and there colour match...blacks generally match better than most colours edge to edge but your colour code will more than likely have a minimum of 4 variants of your actual vehicles colour so its not as straight forward as just painting it in the right colour code and it will match, good luck though mate.

There is a vid on YouTube that give you an idea, looks straightforward tbh, no biggie, just take you time, have a look

Thanks both. Certainly food for thought should I decide to have a go myself.
As regard the wings themselves, pre-sprayed, probably hit and hope for the best, right?

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Both my Front wings are on the way, I've repainted where the rust has been coming through for the past couple of years but they want doing, I'm gonna get two decent painted ones in brilliant red from the ones advertised on fleabay of gumstree and do it myself, I will Claybar my bonnet and doors first to get any dead paint off and give them a good polish and hopefully there won't be much of a colour difference.
I love my b6 Audi but just can't really justify getting involved in body shops for a 16 year old car.

Both my Front wings are on the way, I've repainted where the rust has been coming through for the past couple of years but they want doing, I'm gonna get two decent painted ones in brilliant red from the ones advertised on fleabay of gumstree and do it myself, I will Claybar my bonnet and doors first to get any dead paint off and give them a good polish and hopefully there won't be much of a colour difference.
I love my b6 Audi but just can't really justify getting involved in body shops for a 16 year old car.
Why would you not use a bodyshop because your cars 16 years old? If its because you cant afford it then fair enough but I don't see why the age of the vehicle changes anything, I guess that's why you get some clean well looked after cars and some ropey bodged ones...

Thanks both. Certainly food for thought should I decide to have a go myself.
As regard the wings themselves, pre-sprayed, probably hit and hope for the best, right?
Yeah like anything bought ready to go its always going to be hit and miss, personally id buy some aerosol stone chip and coat the inside of the wings before you fit them to future proof them as much as possible.

No, it's not because I can't afford it, if I wanted a body shop job that's what I'd go and get, it all about choice and what you want, I was saying in general terms the way I am going with my car only and not what anyone else should do, I am going to get a couple of painted wings and fit myself and will probably keep the car another year of so

Well the way you worded it made out you wouldn’t use a bodyshop because the cars 16 years old thats my point

I ordered a pair from eBay and one was damaged but by the time I come to get them fitted a month had passed so only got a partial refund so got an ECP wing. Low and behold it was the same brand as the eBay specials I got. I test fitted by offering it up and all seems to line up quite nicely so I went ahead with the spraying. DIY spray job has come out alright for what I use the car for.