Replica Alloy Wheels online

Djwoody

Reaction score
Hi.
Does anyone know of any sites that sell Replica Alloy Wheels?

Most the main ones like Wheelbase etc seem to only stock branded (i.e. Team Dynamics).
I'm looking for some replica rotors for my B8 but my budget won't allow for the genuine article.

Thanks
Chris

Thanks, I'll take a look.
Looking into getting premium tyres so I'll send them an email if I see any

autoalloys .. i'd save up for genuine alloys personally. replicas are soft and will buckle easy.

Do a search on Ebay for "19 ttrs style wheel" .
The OE wheels are stronger and lighter than the replicas from what I have read. OE rotors have hollow spokes, part of the reason for the extra cost, this makes them light , the material and process used to make the wheels makes them a lot stronger.
The cheaper Chinese copies have solid spokes and I am not sure what they use to make the wheels.
There is a company in America that does a good copy apparently.Not sure if these are sold in Europe.

http://hartmannwheels.com/audi-wheels

In my experience OE wheels with diamond cut faces aren't that good and don't take that long before corrosion starts, I can't imagine replica wheels to be any better.

Karl.

Reactions: Djwoody
Where in uk are You? If local I can supply anything you need.

My best buddy is a replica importer direct from the Chinese factories

Dont believe the crap about them being poor quality etc. They most definitely aren't!

As a rough guide I pay £650-700 for a set of 19's with nankang ns-20 tyres off him

They're really good mid range tyres. Another mate runs them on his noble m12 he uses on track!

I very much doubt those test certs are for the replica wheels!

How would any large company like that offer approved testing on a replica (fake/fraudulent) product

Believe me they won't gain tuv testing on every wheel they "make" as they would simply be bankrupt!

Its costs a serious amount of money

There is plenty of information on the WSP site about the homologation and approvals process of their wheels (none of which relates to TUV).

I was referring to the OEM spec reference.

OEM would have tuv testing for strength etc. A load of fancy certificates basically means nothing.

Take vossen wheels for instance. Big big wheel company. They are made alongside replica wheels and aftermarket wheels. In the same factory. Using the same processes

="banditbarron, post: 2415048, member: 74320"]Where in uk are You? If local I can supply anything you need.

My best buddy is a replica importer direct from the Chinese factories

Dont believe the **** about them being poor quality etc. They most definitely aren't!

As a rough guide I pay £650-700 for a set of 19's with nankang ns-20 tyres off him

They're really good mid range tyres. Another mate runs them on his noble m12 he uses on track![/QUOTE]
Interested, what audi 19s has your mate got?

Rs4 rs6 ttrs. Most reps basically. Just let me know what ones your after when you decide