Replica black edition/RS6 wheels.

StuF

Reaction score
Just upgraded from an B8 A4 S Line Avant to a C7 A6 S Line Avant. The car is running on the stock 18" alloys and although they look fine I can't help but feel the car is a little under wheeled.

So I've been looking at getting either 19 or 20" black edition or RS6 replicas. What width and offsets are recommended for these sizes? I want them to look as oem as possible and to avoid that massive arch gap/recessed look you sometimes get with aftermarket wheels.

Any pics people have would be appreciated :)

careful with the low profile wheels - they're big heavy cars, so compress the side-walls fairly easily.... I've split one winter tyre and one summer tyre on fairly modest pot-holes already (on 18" alloys).... I was trying to get 17's for my winter tyres (I had a brand new set of S-Lines being offered for free from a forum member!!), but they only fit the FWD cars, the quattro's have brakes that are far too big for 17's :(

Cheers lads, that looks brilliant Andy. What width and offset are the genuine oem 20s?

Is that on stock s line suspension?

20 x 8.5J not sure about offset. Yep standard S Line Suspension.

Nice one, thanks mate. What size tyres are they?

My white Avant is on factory 20" rotors - looks exactly like the pic above! Tyres are 255/35 R20 97Y.

Cheers fella, the more I look at 20's the more I think they look brilliant. I can't make my mind up which to go for but I'm swaying towards RS6 replicas at the moment. I think they'd have more impact on my car

Reactions: B4VVM
Avoid the replica's - if you can get original ones from shebay in germany, that will be a safer investment.

Cheers for the heads up, will check out eBay Deutschland :)

Hi All,

Funny I just got my new Rotars put on, I opted for the 20" RS5 with 275 30 20, Should have gone with 265 30 20

I am still looking for a spring setup through eibach as my car was opted for the SE suspensions even though its a full S Line specced car otherwise.

Rsz 20150814 132007

Rsz 120150814 164403

Anyone manage to get hold of the Eibach Pro Kits for the 2015 Ultra Models ?

Reactions: StuF
Hi All,

Funny I just got my new Rotars put on, I opted for the 20" RS5 with 275 30 20, Should have gone with 265 30 20

I am still looking for a spring setup through eibach as my car was opted for the SE suspensions even though its a full S Line specced car otherwise.

View attachment 66067

View attachment 66068

Very nice! Don't suppose you want to swap for my A6 rotors do you...?!
Lol

Hi All,

View attachment 66067

View attachment 66068

Haha Im fine thank you, been less then 24 hours its been on the car :p

If you got some information on eibachs that would be really helpful lol... I don't like the gap in between lol

Cheers fella, the more I look at 20's the more I think they look brilliant. I can't make my mind up which to go for but I'm swaying towards RS6 replicas at the moment. I think they'd have more impact on my car

I assume you have the SE Suspension setup? rather then the S Line springs?

Im not sure why Audi tend to do that.

They completely messed up on the order. but the car a lot cheaper.

Haha Im fine thank you, been less then 24 hours its been on the car :p

If you got some information on eibachs that would be really helpful lol... I don't like the gap in between lol

Don't know much about the Eibach but H&R OE Sport springs are popular on the A5. Give about a 25mm drop from stock. They seem to keep all of the ride comfort so people seem to think it's a good compromise.

Alternative you could go half way between coilovers and springs and get K&N adjustable springs. Set them however you want that way.

Not sure if the A6 is the same, but after a certain drop on the A5 you have problems with the front camber since the top mounts aren't adjustable, so getting something like 034 adjustable top mounts is also advised to make sure you get proper alignment after lowering.

Not sure if all/any of that is applicable to you, but that's what I know!

Btw are the rotors genuine or reps?

Don't know much about the Eibach but H&R OE Sport springs are popular on the A5. Give about a 25mm drop from stock. They seem to keep all of the ride comfort so people seem to think it's a good compromise.

Alternative you could go half way between coilovers and springs and get K&N adjustable springs. Set them however you want that way.

Not sure if the A6 is the same, but after a certain drop on the A5 you have problems with the front camber since the top mounts aren't adjustable, so getting something like 034 adjustable top mounts is also advised to make sure you get proper alignment after lowering.

Not sure if all/any of that is applicable to you, but that's what I know!

Btw are the rotors genuine or reps?
Iv heard the H&R OE is more stiffer then the Eibach's.

Not sure what to go with, Either way I am going to have to change the front tyres before it goes lower I think, Im running 275 30 20 and the rubber sticks out, I didn't opt for the stretch look as you end up damaging the rims and these simply can not be refurbished to the factory look again, I will end up with 265 30 20 at the front just for the little clearance it will give.

As for the alloys they are genuine brand new from Audi, they are 9j x 20 ET26 I got them as a brand new set. need to take the stickers still off :p

What are yours? and I see yours seem the flat face ones without any concave?

I wish Audi made these in a staggered ET setup with slightly less concave at the front making it ET35 front and ET26 rear.

B4VVM that looks so good. I'm assuming the car is on the stock S Line suspension. Wouldn't know how to check tbh.

How much did you pay from Audi for the wheels if you don't mind me asking? I have a mate who works in the parts department who can get parts at cost so I think I'll get him to price me some up :)

Iv heard the H&R OE is more stiffer then the Eibach's.

Not sure what to go with, Either way I am going to have to change the front tyres before it goes lower I think, Im running 275 30 20 and the rubber sticks out, I didn't opt for the stretch look as you end up damaging the rims and these simply can not be refurbished to the factory look again, I will end up with 265 30 20 at the front just for the little clearance it will give.

As for the alloys they are genuine brand new from Audi, they are 9j x 20 ET26 I got them as a brand new set. need to take the stickers still off :p

What are yours? and I see yours seem the flat face ones without any concave?

I wish Audi made these in a staggered ET setup with slightly less concave at the front making it ET35 front and ET26 rear.

Yea mine are genuine Audi but finished in hyper silver, which is seen on some of the RS models. You can get the diamond cut refurbed a couple of times, but it's not the most durable finish. Shame cos it looks so good!

Yea mine are less concave because the offset is 45, and width is 8.5, designed for the A6. Not flat, but less concave than yours. I have spacers to get them to sit better on my A5, but it's still a little sunk in at the back. I'm still undecided if I want to sell them and get a set like yours for the A5 with the correct offset, or keep them. Very hard to find a decent set from a seller you trust!

Yours does look like it pokes out a bit at the front? Is that just the tyres then?

This photo has thrown a massive spanner in the works lol

Nice, but not speed bump friendly. I once owned a lowered Nissan 300zx with a big front spoiler. It got scraped to buggery going over speed bumps.

Yeah the drop is excessive, but the wheels are lovely. Not cheap mind. I've also had stupidly low cars in the past and they're a pain most of the time :(

Nah not my car, I'd never have it that low. That's how mine would look with those bbs wheels though :)