Reset Airbag light with VCDS lite?

George The Diesel Head

Reaction score
Hi, can someone here help.... I have googled but not really found the result I was looking for.
I recently changed the front seats in my 8l for leather ones, but didn't think to disconnect the battery before. :keule:

Is it possible to reset the airbag light with VCDS lite and a generic cable??

THANKS

yes it is, I just done mine at the weekend after having my recaro's out :)

If your cable works with VCDS lite for other things already then it should also work for resetting the airbag light. Mine does and its the blue "ebay" type cable.

I am planning to contact ross tech to buy a licence now that I know my cable works which will let me do lots of other things too :)

Just be carefull on here, I got flamed for asking some advise on coding a module due to not having a "real" ross tech cable despite the fact they offer software which works with 3rd party cables !

When I have a vag fleet or take on a serious project, I will probably buy the full version and the proper cable.... Until then, I am young, poor and can think of more important things to spend the money on for my car.

I just want to turn my airbag light of, as cheaply as possible. That is, after-all the main reason we work on our cars ourselves.

Thanks now.

When I have a vag fleet or take on a serious project, I will probably buy the full version and the proper cable.... Until then, I am young, poor and can think of more important things to spend the money on for my car.

I just want to turn my airbag light of, as cheaply as possible. That is, after-all the main reason we work on our cars ourselves.

Thanks now.

I agree, at the end of the day they offer a shareware version of the software and it has the functionality you need so why spend a fortune to do the exact same thing you can do for next to nothing ? LOL

The bit that annoys me is that I have quite a few "genuine" cables for various OBDII cars and they did cost a lot of money yet there completely useless on anything other than the one make of car they were originally bought for ! I dont see why manufacturers just didnt get together and all use the same protocols to try and standardise the way we do things..... oh no I do, to make even more money than they already do ! LOL