Reset service indicator 2006 8P

Geraldy212

Sportback owner
Reaction score
Just got through servicing my 2006 A3, and tried to reset the service indicator. Turned on the ignition, pulled out the button under the speedo, and it said "service due in 22 days". According to the owner's manual, if you do this it will reset the service interval to --- and then after driving it, it will indicate the next service in xxxxkms and xxxx days. However, it just won't make the reset happen. I did the same service last year, and reset the service indicator OK. Cannot for the life of me remember what I did, except follow the service book as mentioned above. Any ideas?

Guys and Girls, help me out here. I have done what it says in the instruction manual, and the service indicator will not
for some reason reset. What else can I try, or is there a special technique I need to use?

I am almost sure you can only reset the "Oil Service" light and NOT the other service light,
the main service light needs to be reset by VCDS

regards

If it is what I think it is the oil/service warning on the DIS is the same for my A3 8P 2006

there is a simple video on YouTube showing you what to do to reset the service indicator

AUDI A3 instrument cluster oil lamp service interval reset AFTER 2003 - YouTube

As for the instructions manual thing you said Im pretty sure mine doesn't say it in mine :\ as its mean't to only be known by dealers/garages

MrWhItEwOlF

First of all, thank you of those who took the time to post. Tried the above, watched the video, nothing worked. Then, I tried
pulling and holding the knob under the speedo, and when I pulled and held it for quite some time, the display suddenly reset itself to "Next service in 15,000 kms or 365 days". Success. Hope this will good info for other members with 2006 models like mine.

I thought you had a vcds cable geraldy?

No NHN, I just wish I had one. What is the latest (best) price these days?

No NHN, I just wish I had one. What is the latest (best) price these days?

Nige (NHN) sells genuine ones. He is doing a group buy at the moment, £236! Very good price and worth every penny IMHO.

Thanks Dan, did my advice on the TT work out?

Its £230 atm Geraldy:) plus any postage to your country

Thanks Dan, did my advice on the TT work out?

Its £230 atm Geraldy:) plus any postage to your country

Sorry mate thought it was 236, me trying to make commission, lol!

I didn't get any info from you on the TT mate, but yeah sorted it, eventually.
Had to solder two repair wires to get the length, also the wire that comes with the kit has the wrong connector at one end for the engine ecu.
In the end I ran the wire through the grommet for the bonnet cable.

Should be a breeze next time, only PITA was the security plate getting the bolts off.

Sorry if I pestered you on this mate. You back from Italy?

Commission, whats that, as I dont make anything noticable on them anyway lmfao.

I suggested via email, a route through the firewall to the ecu, but you sorted it so all good huh.

Sorry I missed your call mate as I left my phone at relations over here, didnt get back 2 days lol.

Nope didnt pester me at all, sorry I wasnt available to help.