Resetting ECU to Standard for dealer visits - Poll

Do you reset your remapped ECU to OE before dealer visits ?

• Sometimes reset to standard

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shadowman

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondered how many of you with remaps bother to reset the map to standard before a trip to the dealers......Currently I always return mine to the standard map, but i'm sure it isn't always necessary so it would be interesting to see what everyone else does....

Never have previously but plan to in the future now I have an STS box.

Never bother, they don't seem bothered by it at all

are you worrying about a TD1? I don't change mine and even if I did, my tech buddies tell me AUDI scan can still pick it up. In the US, techs do not get paid for scanning for a TD1 unless a specific issue regarding warranty arises with the claim. They do not routinely scan for TD1. Scanning for a TD1 takes time and if they don't get paid for it, they will not do it. I can't speak for Shark but APR and REVO have posted over here that the scan will detect their tunes. I am not the authority on this so check with your tuner.

Not overly worried about the tune being detected as I wouldn't claim under warranty for something which I have altered from standard....more a case of not getting it taken for a run by the Tech's ( lets see what it'll do kind of thing ) and not getting it re-flashed with a factory ECU alteration, so wiping off the remap !!

I was under the impression that there is a flash counter that records the amount of times the ECU has been flashed. With that in mind resetting to factory map could still be detected.

I have been told by 1 Revo dealer that they can reset the flash counter to standard though.....

There is a flash counter afaik, issue is the stock map is never actually returned to stock on some tuners afaik, more returned to the tuners stock map.

I seem to recall was it revo that had some issues some while back with facelift s3's maps & even issues were apparent on revo supposed stock map, but when the revo stock map was overwritten by the audi flash of ecu, it cleared an issue even on stock audi, point being unless you have an intermediate unit between ecu & cars other systems like an intelligent box that doesnt change any ecu mapping, then its more than likely still detectable.

I've had maps on cars for 11 years & not once returned to stock when in at dealers.

I remove mine completely and wheel the car in! :)

Reactions: RYes3