Resonated or non-resonateed, that is the question?

sos_85

Reaction score
Am going for a Milltek system. i justr can't decide between a resonated or non-resonated. Have heard that resonated is too similar to stock. But i don't want the non-resonated if it sounds like a chav car. So have posted this poll to help me. Thanks for any comments.

That is a good question! I am willing to buy one 2.. A milltek for sure but i don't know witch one.. Can anywone give me some advice, PLZ??

Unless you know someone with the same system on the same car, you won't know what it will sound like without a resonator. I recently installed an exhaust system without a resonator. I thought I'd give it a go without one and if I didn't like it, i'd get a resonator put in. ...and I didn't like it, the sound outside the car was ok, but the problem with having no resonator is you get a lot of drone inside the cabin, can drive you nuts. I went back into the exhaust shop and had a resonator installed, problem solved.

my non resonated miltek sounded spot on when new and still sounds ok, but it is getting noisier after 8k miles.

I found the resonated box caught on the propshaft when hot and in EXTREME wet conditions, like inch standing water. in most cases it was ok, but i junked it anyway!

my resonated one knocks on the haldex subframe i think, mainly when cold, would fitting a non resonated middle pipe fix this? I quite like the sound of the resonated, dont want loud really

what is the diffrend between them? the middle pipe? and thats is? what if i buy a non resonated en i do not like it then i can fit a oder middelpipe en thats it??

Yes mate the difference is the centre section, if you buy a non resonated one and aren't happy with it you could just buy another centre section with silencer/resonated.

where's the cheapest place to get a non resonated centre box?

i have the miltec resonated pipe in my garage which i dont need so if you guys do want it let me no!! Only want £30 for it!

anybody got a vid of the miltek non resonated on boost? i want and exhaust that gives that jetfighter/ripping sound when on boost :rock: kinda like what the fiat 20v turbo coupes sound like