Resonated or non-resonateed, that is the question?

Do i go for resonated or non-resonated with Milltek?

• Resonated

Votes: 30 63.8%
  • Non-Resonated

Votes: 17 36.2%

• Total voters

sos_85

Reaction score
Am going for a Milltek system on my 200 S3. i just can't decide between a resonated or non-resonated. Have heard that resonated is too similar to stock. But i don't want the non-resonated if it sounds like a chav car. So have posted this poll to help me. Thanks for any comments.

ON an s3, the non resonated miltek sounds great, nice bark when you boot it, but quiet on cruise.

resonated, wouldnt risk the non resonated one, could be too loud!
If you get the resonated one and its not loud enough, just de-cat it!
i had a resonated system on my old S3 with the milltek cats, sounded good, not loud at all though

I would be interested to hear where you have got the best price for this upgrade?

I don't have a miltek, but my non resonated exhaust is a right ballache on the motorway.. sounds great nipping about town etc..

I think come the summer, on the motorway it's gonna make my head explode.

I have run both, and have a fully resonated miltek on my mk4, and on the mk4 is is boomy as hell.

But on s3 the none resonated is excellent, no boomyness at all, and the resonated is too quiet by a long way.

I was at APS one day, a guy was having a miltek on his TT. He heard this noise as a car came of the ramp and got all excited, "WOW, that sounds excellent, I cant wait to drive it" he said........oh the dissappointment on his face when they told him it was mine!! They then moved his out and he was gutted!! !

Trust me, the rear box oin the s3 is so enormous. the centre box is not needed. Also, it runs quite close to the prop and in heavy rain when its hot, the system distorts as you hit puddles and it catches on the propshft, (other reason I junked it!!)

i didn't think it really made any difference at all! its a tat louder at about 3000rpm but after that when the tone changes abit it sounds just the same! Has anyone ever seen any flames come out the back of these? or is that impossible due to the size of the back box?

deffo non resonated. I've bought a non res Supersprint and it sounds awesome

I've had non-resonated Milteks on a couple of cars now and not much louder than stock to be honest but much, much lighter.

APS came up with the best quote for me on a couple of occasions, if cat back you can often squeeze free fitting out of them as an easy task.

i ran decated and non resonated center section wth a miltek back box and wasnt loud unless you realy booted it have a look at my santa pod vid on my sig and see for your self.

Thanks for all the replys so far! Really appreciate it. Keep them coming. Also, any vids of a s3 with either milltek would be great. Preferably not decat or sports cats, as i don't have these. Cheers!

Resonated it is then, thanks for all the votes and replies, have settled the argument in my head! Cheers guys!:o.k: