Resonator Delete on A3 8V, anyone?

jasso86

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for more exhaust sound. Has anybody replaced the resonator with a straight pipe?

How does it sound, any video?

Thanks.

That was mine with the centre silencer and rear box removed. Check the channel for a couple more.

My advice would be either remove the centre box or the rear box, not both. It gets very loud and tiresome on longer journeys.

Unfortunately don't have any videos with only one silencer but I've now put a remus back box on with the centre box still removed. Perfect sound for me

There's a reason why full turbo back or cat back exhausts are developed, doing could lead to problems with the back pressure in the exhaust and economy.

First: have you done this mod? and have you got hard data on your arguments?

Second: Could you then explain to me why does it exist.. lets say, a milltek cat back, resonated AND non resonated?

As far as I know, a resonator is used to decrease exhaust sound, and there's no backpressure loss as you stated.. I mean, we are keeping the stock catalist converter and downpipe, wich are the main components that could interfere in decreasing the back pressure.

Regards,

As far as I know, a resonator is used to decrease exhaust sound, and there's no backpressure loss as you stated.. I mean, we are keeping the stock catalist converter and downpipe, wich are the main components that could interfere in decreasing the back pressure.

Regards,

I was offering my opinion, that's all. It's a forum and that's what happens. Some may agree with me, some may not.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
And you react by pointing out gramatic errors from my NON native language? (I'm Mexican)

Yeah sorry catalitic and which.

I was also asking in a good manner, sorry if you felt exposed by not being able to sustain your argument, that's parto of forums also you know?

Regards,

Back pressure is the last thing you want with a Turbo charged engine. The theory is sound for N/A engines however.

Back pressure is the last thing you want in turbo and n/a engines ;)

It's a bit a of myth that 4-stroke engines require exhaust back pressure, what's important is exhaust gas velocity.

Back pressure is the last thing you want in turbo and n/a engines ;)

It's a bit a of myth that 4-stroke engines require exhaust back pressure, what's important is exhaust gas velocity.

Yup.. I mean, there's a reason why cut-outs exist...