Restriction on Resale

Have this on order. No R8/TTRS buttons, Red stitching, same airbag, but with red stitching. Top & Bottom Alcantara with Red leather 12 0clock ring, Left & right perforated Leather
On one of T R Hamzas videos he sits in another RS3 with the TTRS wheel fitted and the buttons are both programmed in

I have a discount as well :) I was cheeky and it worked, I took in a coast 2 coast quote as it was all I could muster and as a last thing before I signed the paperwork said ''Oh and you also need to beat that'' which they did
Good man! I got Family discount via my son who works for Audi. That with the 6% price increase is a significant sum:sunglasses:

Have this on order. No R8/TTRS buttons, Red stitching, same airbag, but with red stitching. Top & Bottom Alcantara with Red leather 12 0clock ring, Left & right perforated Leather
Won't you lose the RS button if you use that wheel? Or are you not that bothered about having it?

I emailed the MD of Audi UK tonight - although I fully expect my build week to move forward from October next year I have to agree that I don't think it is acceptable and add that to the fact the dealers are selling these cars instead of fulfilling orders.

So I made 3 requests: a discount, an earlier date and no more LE sales.

I figure I might get a discount but they won't commit to earlier dates or restricted sales but that is why I gave them two options that are more difficult than a discount

Assuming you get a reply, they will just refer you to the selling dealer. And would have thought a case of horse has bolted on the discount front. They will just say challenging times etc

I wonder if it is something to do with the kickback from the finance company to the dealer if the finance gets paid off too quickly so they don't get all of the interest payments.

Lol I’ll just fit the buttons like in the 8V I had.

IMG 3255

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RS03???, Terminator x, Detail Devil and 1 other person
Won't you lose the RS button if you use that wheel? Or are you not that bothered about having it?

It’s without the buttons. Same as this, Red stitching Anthracite Alcantara Top/Bottom and matching perforated leather left & right. Same air bag, but red stitching and same black Audi rings

Attachments

• TTRS wheel 2.jpeg
    TTRS wheel 2.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Reactions: Daggerit
It’s without the buttons. Same as this, Red stitching Anthracite Alcantara Top/Bottom and matching perforated leather left & right. Same air bag, but red stitching and same black Audi rings

Yeah but the RS button in the RS3 is where the Nav and * button is on that wheel you’re showing in your picture. So you’d lose the ability to use it unless you’re planning on mapping it to something different?

I’d point out the new wheel has a different button layout and shape to the 8V and those generation cars.

I’d point out the new wheel has a different button layout and shape to the 8V and those generation cars.

Kinda what I was getting at. Think most are similar but maybe in a slightly different position, the RS button is obviously missing is the obvious one though.

Lol no S**t Sherlock.

Only the Vorsprung wheel mind, the carbon wheel is still a round airbag.

Reactions: Jassyo06
I’m installing the RS3 8Y buttons form the OEM wheel so will be like for like

I had no restrictions placed on my LE when I collected it yesterday.

Dealer did ask if I wanted to sell it back to them if didn’t like it they would be interested when I was collecting it though…

I had no restrictions placed on my LE when I collected it yesterday.

Dealer did ask if I wanted to sell it back to them if didn’t like it they would be interested when I was collecting it though…

Not much risk of that mate ;)

Reactions: Terminator x, Jcbmally, Detail Devil and 1 other person

Button layout is different only in that it’s got the RS button. Button shapes are the same on both 8Y & 8V

Last edited:
dd3280b0ccaa88ee9dbb77b2c1dd21e8.jpg

dbc3584c03594f2a88108c4f0bb70b8b.jpg

I’m pretty sure the car I test drive had one large RS button rather than the two halves, I could be wrong though.

Edit: Like this RS3’s wheel…

e028cd08fb008e90b7822796b950371a.jpg

I’m pretty sure the car I test drive had one large RS button rather than the two halves, I could be wrong though.

So as a CB edition has yours got the round or angled airbag as seems there are 2 different options

So as a CB edition has yours got the round or angled airbag as seems there are 2 different options

This is a CB from aurotrader (my Vorsprung is still a twinkle in Inglestsad’s eye) but the Frankenstein I tested had the FBSW with the round airbag and this RS button if I’m remembering correctly.

Carbon Black selected on Audi Configurator with Flat Bottom Wheel

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-08 at 11.33.42.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-08 at 11.33.42.png
    166.6 KB · Views: 111
From configurator, and what i've designed my wheel from

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-08 at 11.46.01.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-08 at 11.46.01.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 99
From configurator, and what i've designed my wheel from

Fair enough, could be in remembering that wheel wrong but it’s strange there’s two versions of the FBSW with different airbags. Just making life difficult for themselves, no wonder cars are taking so long to build!

Fair enough, could be in remembering that wheel wrong but it’s strange there’s two versions of the FBSW with different airbags. Just making life difficult for themselves, no wonder cars are taking so long to build!

It appears that you're right and there are 2 different FBSW options!!! If mine turns up with the angled Airbag, i shall get my son to have a scream up on my part and get Audi to pay for replacement MFSW buttons that are for the round airbag!!!!!

It appears that you're right and there are 2 different FBSW options!!! If mine turns up with the angled Airbag, i shall get my son to have a scream up on my part and get Audi to pay for replacement MFSW buttons that are for the round airbag!!!!!

It’s really odd, huh? With all the alcantara options and coloured stitching and stuff there must be at least 6-8 different wheel options. Mad!

It’s really odd, huh? With all the alcantara options and coloured stitching and stuff there must be at least 6-8 different wheel options. Mad!

was actually a good initial spot by @Spinstorm as if i am honest, i thought all the steering wheels had round airbags!!!! LOL

All the Frankenstein spec on autotrader have round airbags with Rs mode in 2 halves

My le with round steering wheel has single rs button and angled air bag for what that’s worth.

One I drove

33ac70b9f77625e239be8d67f103789b.jpg

Its crazy as 8y s3 has * on single button View attachment 248208

Pretty sure that’s the same as the RS3 I tested but with the RS button in place of the * button. But with the round airbag like this one, which would add yet another variety of wheel/button in the mix if I’m remembering rightly.

Pretty sure that’s the same as the RS3 I tested but with the RS button in place of the * button. But with the round airbag like this one, which would add yet another variety of wheel/button in the mix if I’m remembering rightly.

I did check photo of sterring wheel buttons on previus s3 I has wich was 2018 facelift , looks like that base rs3 has old sterring wheel from facelift
S3bluest

I did check photo of sterring wheel buttons on previus s3 I has wich was 2018 facelift , looks like that base rs3 has old sterring wheel from facelift
View attachment 248209
It is the old 8V fl steering wheel Audi just reconfigure the buttons
Here's a photo of the TT 's buttons they are configured differently

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220109-121731_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220109-121731_Gallery.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 81
Reactions: Mastachaz
It is the old 8V fl steering wheel Audi just reconfigure the buttons
Here's a photo of the TT 's buttons they are configured differently

And leather airbag cover.

Always thought the TTS /RS wheel was nicer.