Restriction on Resale

14) You confirm and agree that you do not intend to and will not resell the Goods anywhere in the world for commercial gain within 6 months of delivery. You also confirm that: you are resident or your place of business (as applicable) is in the UK or the European Economic Area (“EEA”); or, where you are a finance or leasing company, the end user of the Goods is resident or has its place of business within the UK or the EEA. If you breach any confirmation or agreement set out in this clause, we may cancel the Agreement under clause 16 and/or we will be entitled to claim from you the reasonable charges and other direct losses we properly incur under any agreement we have with the manufacturer and/or importer of the Goods as a direct result of your breach.

Clause 16 basically says if the agreement is cancelled by either party they’ll sell it to another person.

It’s part of the T&Cs of the order form that’s signed by yourself and 2 business managers.
I wonder how this affects dealers that have ordered a load to sell on?

• Wow
Reactions: Waq1, Snake Pliskin and Jcbmally

This is on Jardine group headed paper. Not sure how franchised dealers deal with third party dealers.

I know none of this is legally enforceable.

I’m not sure about the legality of it. I think it could effect how dealers treat you in the future. I’m pretty sure under no normal grounds you can be treated differently but if you do breach a contract that may give them legal grounds to not sell you a car again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stafford told me they weren’t allowed currently to order any cars for their stock.
Customer orders only, they also said Audi were charging them £2,500 on every cancelled order, and they weren’t allowed to transfer any cancelled orders to themselves.

• Wow
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Mike.46, mb127 and 1 other person
I wonder how Crewe Audi get out of the 6 cars that RS Cars has ordered then ?

This is on Jardine group headed paper. Not sure how franchised dealers deal with third party dealers.

I know none of this is legally enforceable.

I’m not sure about the legality of it. I think it could effect how dealers treat you in the future. I’m pretty sure under no normal grounds you can be treated differently but if you do breach a contract that may give them legal grounds to not sell you a car again?

Happens a lot with any new 'RS Porsche model' lots of backhanders and money to be made

Reactions: Waq1
My dealer told me that Audi HQ were going through all RS3 orders and checking to make sure that there weren't multiples going out to anyone, and if it looked like there were then the buyers were being contacted directly to discuss why they have more than one on order. Apparently included Audi dealerships as my local had a double order for a customer by accident and were just going to keep the additional one to sell but Audi HQ cancelled it instead.

Reactions: RS03???, Waq1, Mike.46 and 1 other person
My dealer told me that Audi HQ were going through all RS3 orders and checking to make sure that there weren't multiples going out to anyone, and if it looked like there were then the buyers were being contacted directly to discuss why they have more than one on order. Apparently included Audi dealerships as my local had a double order for a customer by accident and were just going to keep the additional one to sell but Audi HQ cancelled it instead.

Yeah good on em.

All these t**ts like AA / SSC etc buying them to put 15-20k on top.

Reactions: RS03???, Waq1, Jcbmally and 2 others
Yeah good on em.

All these t**ts like AA / SSC etc buying them to put 15-20k on top.

Completely agree. If that will reduce the number of cars on order by a little chunk then it would help the rest of us get ours a little earlier hopefully, but I won't hold my breath if people are being told their Vorsprungs aren't being built until the middle of next year already.

Reactions: RS03???, Waq1, Jcbmally and 2 others
I did have a couple of email rants to Audi customer service on the same issue, maybe other people did as well and theyve taken some action, although Bolted Horse and gate come to mind

Reactions: RS03???, Jcbmally and Daggerit

I originally had two “orders” in:

- (originally daytona saloon but updated to) exclusive saloon carbon black with carbon brakes and c&s

- LE

The first of the above was purely in case I couldn’t get the Le. As soon as my LE was confirmed, they cancelled the order (didn’t keep it for themselves, just cancelled it).

Wonder how many did similar but instead of cancelling just kept both order running…? Must admit I wish I had

Completely agree. If that will reduce the number of cars on order by a little chunk then it would help the rest of us get ours a little earlier hopefully, but I won't hold my breath if people are being told their Vorsprungs aren't being built until the middle of next year already.

Good point - I wonder if them “cracking down” on that a little has helped get some more cars moving recently…?

Hopefully we will see further progress as they sift through all that too

Reactions: Jcbmally
We will see if my vorsprung gets cancelled lol. Which would be **** as it’s the vorsprung I’m wanting, I’ll just be selling this LE when vorsprung is ready.
can’t class that as flipping as i got offered £67k for my LE and I didn’t accept it as there was still a 6 month wait for my new one

Reactions: NevMan
We will see if my vorsprung gets cancelled lol. Which would be **** as it’s the vorsprung I’m wanting, I’ll just be selling this LE when vorsprung is ready.
can’t class that as flipping as i got offered £67k for my LE and I didn’t accept it as there was still a 6 month wait for my new one
I can imagine a scenario where they say you have to sell/trade the LE back to them to keep the vorsprung order.

If somebody offers me 67k for my carbon black, i think i’d struggle to say no! easiest money i’ll ever make lol

I can imagine a scenario where they say you have to sell/trade the LE back to them to keep the vorsprung order.
I’ll give them a good deal and give them it for under the market value and sell it to them for only £70k

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, abmat and Waq1
If somebody offers me 67k for my carbon black, i think i’d struggle to say no! easiest money i’ll ever make lol
I never bought the car to make money, bought it to enjoy. So that’s what I’ve did. Didn’t want to wait another 6 months to get in one. I guess that shows how great the car is

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I never bought the car to make money, bought it to enjoy. So that’s what I’ve did. Didn’t want to wait another 6 months to get in one. I guess that shows how great the car is

Will also be a bit of a test dummy for mods etc before your vorsprung arrives

Reactions: 5pot and billymc92
Totally agree, as did I. At the time of making the order i had no idea that resale prices would be anywhere in the realm of what they are!

Reactions: billymc92
Dear Audi; I wouldn’t worry about resale from customers when the ONLY PEOPLE with cars are the dealers!
(who have sold LE that aren’t meant to be sold)

A bit in-correct, there’s 2 owners in here that we know of alone :tearsofjoy:
That bought LE editions not meant for sale; and that is on Audi which was my point.

Really if Audi cared about this seriously then they would only sell LE models to previous customers they know - pre-filtering - rather that selling to companies that resell!

I was messaged last night by someone buying my car if I decided to cancel

• Haha
I was messaged last night by someone buying my car if I decided to cancel

what buying your ‘build slot’ pmsl ?

Reactions: 8YARWY
what buying your ‘build slot’ pmsl ?

Yup. But Audi wouldn’t allow it.

I can get the deposit back tho as that’s the agreement I have with the dealer if It gets to March and no build slot.

That bought LE editions not meant for sale; and that is on Audi which was my point.

Really if Audi cared about this seriously then they would only sell LE models to previous customers they know - pre-filtering - rather that selling to companies that resell!

Not this **** again… not meant for sale said who?

f40b00d892cbbc0656c7ed1947eaa616.jpg

Madness

Reactions: Jcbmally
I emailed the MD of Audi UK tonight - although I fully expect my build week to move forward from October next year I have to agree that I don't think it is acceptable and add that to the fact the dealers are selling these cars instead of fulfilling orders.

So I made 3 requests: a discount, an earlier date and no more LE sales.

I figure I might get a discount but they won't commit to earlier dates or restricted sales but that is why I gave them two options that are more difficult than a discount

I emailed the MD of Audi UK tonight - although I fully expect my build week to move forward from October next year I have to agree that I don't think it is acceptable and add that to the fact the dealers are selling these cars instead of fulfilling orders.

I figure I might get a discount but they won't commit to earlier dates or restricted sales but that is why I gave them two options that are more difficult than a discount
I think you will be lucky if you get a reply from the MD of audi UK...... let alone a discount

I got a discount and didn’t have to email anyone

Not sure I understand why it’s not acceptable for dealers to sell the cars that Audi sent to them, which the dealers didn’t spec and were just sent to them by Audi…. Think you’re barking up the wrong tree there!!

Asking for it to brought back is reasonable but I’m sure if they could, they would bring it forward so they could get some more cars shifted…

Why no more LE sales? It’s like because you can’t get hold of a car you don’t want anyone else to get one?!!?

If you get any sort of a reply you’ll be doing well as I know what I would do if I received that email from you…

Reactions: Spinstorm
Not sure I understand why it’s not acceptable for dealers to sell the cars that Audi sent to them, which the dealers didn’t spec and were just sent to them by Audi…. Think you’re barking up the wrong tree there!!

Asking for it to brought back is reasonable but I’m sure if they could, they would bring it forward so they could get some more cars shifted…

Why no more LE sales? It’s like because you can’t get hold of a car you don’t want anyone else to get one?!!?

If you get any sort of a reply you’ll be doing well as I know what I would do if I received that email from you…
I have to agree with your comments. Had a long chat with my son over this. The view at his dealership is that they "won't" sell at present, due to the queue of booked test drives, and off the back of that potential sales, and the fact the he alone has orders for 23 RS3's :racer: I guess its different ATM as we are in such disorder with the pandemic, Brexit, supply chain shortages etc. I personally am not stressing about the wait, and if dealers want to sell their LE cars. If folk are mad enough to pay 70k+ then thats their choice. I have a mint MK5 Golf GTi ED30 that is going STG3 Venom 450 Hybrid Turbo in Jan, hence why i'm not stressing about the wait, the dealers and to be honest anything about the New RS3. I've ordered new RS3 mats, Tango Red Vents, R8/TTRS bespoke steering wheel (without buttons) and am collation prices for the mod to seats etc with red stitching. I'm enjoying this forum, and also the journey with the purchase of my RS3.

Reactions: Mike.46, Rs31981, billymc92 and 1 other person
I have to agree with your comments. Had a long chat with my son over this. The view at his dealership is that they "won't" sell at present, due to the queue of booked test drives, and off the back of that potential sales, and the fact the he alone has orders for 23 RS3's :racer: I guess its different ATM as we are in such disorder with the pandemic, Brexit, supply chain shortages etc. I personally am not stressing about the wait, and if dealers want to sell their LE cars. If folk are mad enough to pay 70k+ then thats their choice. I have a mint MK5 Golf GTi ED30 that is going STG3 Venom 450 Hybrid Turbo in Jan, hence why i'm not stressing about the wait, the dealers and to be honest anything about the New RS3. I've ordered new RS3 mats, Tango Red Vents, R8/TTRS bespoke steering wheel (without buttons) and am collation prices for the mod to seats etc with red stitching. I'm enjoying this forum, and also the journey with the purchase of my RS3.
Presume you’ve got either a carbon or base model on order then?

Why should you get a discount just because your order has a late build slot? I doubt theres too many LE models around by now, I'll bet most have been flipped, maybe more than once

Lucky you, atleast use can change your steering wheel at the moment!
Have this on order. No R8/TTRS buttons, Red stitching, same airbag, but with red stitching. Top & Bottom Alcantara with Red leather 12 0clock ring, Left & right perforated Leather

Attachments

• TTRS wheel 2.jpeg
    TTRS wheel 2.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: billymc92
Why should you get a discount just because your order has a late build slot? I doubt theres too many LE models around by now, I'll bet most have been flipped, maybe more than once
As i said earlier, i got a discount without emailing anyone!!!! If mine's delayed so be it!!!!

As i said earlier, i got a discount without emailing anyone!!!! If mine's delayed so be it!!!!
I have a discount as well :) I was cheeky and it worked, I took in a coast 2 coast quote as it was all I could muster and as a last thing before I signed the paperwork said ''Oh and you also need to beat that'' which they did