Retro fit bi-xeon

dannyjb

Reaction score
As title... Has anyone done the retro fit bi-Xeon? I've watched a couple of videos but not 100% on wether to tackle it

Is it an easy job? Or is there anywhere that makes them up??

Cheers

What kind of retrofit do you want to do?

Oem bixenons (PITA, you need all the auto levelling stuff that attaches to the suspension, possibly modified looms, different headlight switch, headlight washers, new front bumper with washer jets in, plumbing for washer jets, different washer pump?!, VCDS coding)?

Retrofit bixenon projectors in oem halogen housings (quite easy, just need to align them properly when you glue them in. Can use all existing connections, just need to find a home for the ballast and connect it all up, auto levelling won't work, will have to use dial in cab)?

Retrofit bixenon into aftermarket housing (same as oem retrofit)?

Please don't just dump some HID bulbs in the halogen projectors, they may look xenon, but you will just blind all the other road users with the glare from the reflector and you won't have that even xenon light distribution the projector gives you! Either retrofit projector or retrofit OEM....

As title... Has anyone done the retro fit bi-Xeon? I've watched a couple of videos but not 100% on wether to tackle it

Cheers
Try our site sponsor @t8ups he may be able to help you

What kind of retrofit do you want to do?

Oem bixenons (PITA, you need all the auto levelling stuff that attaches to the suspension, possibly modified looms, different headlight switch, headlight washers, new front bumper with washer jets in, plumbing for washer jets, different washer pump?!, VCDS coding)?

Retrofit bixenon projectors in oem halogen housings (quite easy, just need to align them properly when you glue them in. Can use all existing connections, just need to find a home for the ballast and connect it all up, auto levelling won't work, will have to use dial in cab)?

Retrofit bixenon into aftermarket housing (same as oem retrofit)?

Please don't just dump some HID bulbs in the halogen projectors, they may look xenon, but you will just blind all the other road users with the glare from the reflector and you won't have that even xenon light distribution the projector gives you! Either retrofit projector or retrofit OEM....

Ah right I didn't realise that there was different options, im guessing itll be expensive to do it properly I just seen a video of a guy opening up the head light, and putting a projector part in. Sorry not that clued up on head lights.. they just shine a light to me haha but I like the look and need better vision on the roads

I haven't actually got a price yet, I just know I want it done lol, best drop him a pm.

Ah right I didn't realise that there was different options, im guessing itll be expensive to do it properly I just seen a video of a guy opening up the head light, and putting a projector part in. Sorry not that clued up on head lights.. they just shine a light to me haha but I like the look and need better vision on the roads

Don't apologise, that's what a forum is for!

I have split headlights before myself it basically involves heating up the sealant with a heat gun or at low temps in an oven, then pulling the clear lense off of the housing. To retrofit the bixenon projector takes a bit of fabrication and skill to get it to look good, but it is not too tricky.

Before you take the bulb out after you have split the headlight, find a way to hold the headlight and mark exactly how/where you have held it. Turn the light on and shine it against a wall, mark the level that the light shines and where the light kicks up. When you fit the new projector put the light back in the same position/hold it the same way and just match the level of the light and the kick point. Glue it in good and proper and fashion a surround. Clean old sealant off of housing and re silicone back together. And there you have it!

Reactions: Sandra
Id just do what most people do and buy a used pair of xenon headlights(£150-£300), and the adapter cable (£40). All you need to do is take the bumper off and take old headlights out and put new ones in with the adapter cable and then run 2 wires (supplied with the adapter cable) to somewhere near where you turn your lights on in the car (im not sure exactly as i just paid a garage to do it for me) then you would need to code it in with VCDS.

This guide has everything you need to know basically.

http://nickscarblog.com/diy/halogen-to-xenon-conversion-for-b7-audi-a4s-2005-5-2008

The way i explained works but you have to manually adjust the headlight to align them,

Reactions: dimitar.tuntov.5

Cheers
I have done the original bi-xenon retro fit without the auto level. Not to easy but not to hard. I had a little problem that i bought the right hand lights and had to cut the original loom, but you can do it without cutting the original loom. Hardest part for me was removing the bumper. Any thing you need regarding the wiring ask me and ill help you. And regarding the wire that all the writeups i have seen that has to be installed i did it without.

Last edited:
I purchased genuine B7 xenons and the Kufatec Kit
3 hours start to finish, quite easy if you can do a bit of DIY
If you have taken the bumper off you can fit Xenons