Retro fit electric folding mirrors.

PNH80

Low life livin' the high life.
Reaction score
Alright fellas...

I have no idea why but my car was spec'd by Audi without electric folding door mirrors but it was. I didn't think it would make much of a difference but it really is becoming a pain in the *** so i want to retro fit the electric motors.

What actually needs to be changed? The whole of the body of the mirror? (excluding casing and glass/mirror) Or is it literally just a case of putting in the motor and wiring it up?

I won't be doing it myself, it'll be done by someone who knows what they're doing! I just want to have a rough idea what it will entail before i look too deeply into it.

Cheers.

Paul.

They are worth it, But i've been back to the dealer 3 times due to faulty mirrors.!!!!!!!!
It can't be much due to the option being £120.00 from audi.

The one thing that annoys me is you cant retract them whilst moving, say if a car was coming towards me and i can see it being tight. I used to do it lots in my mondy.

I can if the car doing about 10-15 mph any faster it won't. But it didn't do it before it went into dealer's last time. doooooh.

Alright fellas...

I have no idea why but my car was spec'd by Audi without electric folding door mirrors but it was. I didn't think it would make much of a difference but it really is becoming a pain in the *** so i want to retro fit the electric motors.

What actually needs to be changed? The whole of the body of the mirror? (excluding casing and glass/mirror) Or is it literally just a case of putting in the motor and wiring it up?

I won't be doing it myself, it'll be done by someone who knows what they're doing! I just want to have a rough idea what it will entail before i look too deeply into it.

Cheers.

Paul.
Any luck yet mate? :thumbsup:

Remember someone asking about this last year. Think it became too expensive for the wiring and labour in the end to do it.