Retro fit RNS-E into 8l

Armanis

Just a young boy with a dream to race
Reaction score
does anyone know a person in London preferred east London that do retro fit the RNS-E like fully connected so the phone function works the Bluetooth, Nav Aux and everything else ?

I’m West London and just done all this recently on my car if your interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah do you need like to order some special extras to get the aux option done gps Bluetooth phone connectivity, and just in general what wiring and how to do it ?

It’s all documented on my build thread, also a thread for “RNS-E Bluetooth options”

You’ll need -

.Audi A4 / S4 / RS4 RNS-E
.Audi A3 8P Bluetooth module “version H or above”
.RNS-E quadlock adaptor to A3 8L
.RNS-E GPS module
.Audi A3 8P Bluetooth module to RNS-E including microphone
.Full version of VCDS for coding
.RNS-E AV to 3.5mm AUX cable

That’s the basics.... there are other modules like “Dension BT Pro” which you can buy for full Bluetooth media but this is only accessed through the cars DIS display.

Thanks, will know what to buy if anything I will just give you a shout, but with these bluetooth options while I be able to play music thru my phone or just to connect it to get calls? And do I need a microphone ? And is there any way of getting USB port done as well ? And how to mount it into the interior so it doesn’t walk around ? Sorry a lot of questions but haven’t done such a thing like that before, so there’s a lot of questions

Sorry just saw the microphone part :sorry:

Your welcome, the Audi Bluetooth module is purely for making phone calls handsfree. In order to listen to music from your phone via Bluetooth you’ll need to either connect a Bluetooth receiver to the installed Aux cable or buy something similar to the Dension BT Pro.