Retro fit xenons

Anthony Harries

Reaction score
Hi I have tried searching to get the answer but can’t seem to find a thread that answers

I have 2.4 v6 a4 b6 cabriolet and wanting to know if I buy xenons are they straight plug and play or is there more required?
Many thanks

Depends how you want to go. The easiest option is buy a set off ebay. They will more than likely throw an error though for a blown bulb.

That’s what I wanted to check if I bought a set on eBay that I have seen which come with the chargers and igniters would they be a simple plug and play (minus a thrown bulb notification)

You can buy xenon set ups with a more complicated set up with resistors in etc that won’t throw any bulb failure codes. Look for ones that say can-bus error free etc.

There was somewhere a bit of a how to do on fitting them. With these A4s because you already have a fisheye lens it becomes much simpler as in theory it is plug and play yes, but the problem comes from where you locate the igniter pack. On some headlights there is a cut out/box in the moulding that’s would be used for the OEM igniter location on these that had xenons from the factory and I’ve seen some people use this, but you still need to run the wires through into the headlight as this location is on the outside. And iirc the moulding isn’t on all headlight cases.

It was quite a few years ago since I had my B6 as I’m now in my A6 C6 but that has factory xenons. Although they are like Candle lights sometimes.

It’s probably worth looking through some old build threads of people’s cars and seeing if you can find someone who’s done it to theirs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk