Retro fitting folding mirrors

JustCharlie

Reaction score
Does anybody know if its feasable to retro-fit the electric folding mirrors, mine doesn't have them but I'm putting the car in the garage at night with all this latest stuff goin on, but its a tight squeeze so before I clip a mirror I thought I'd ask, anybody?

cheers

yes its possible, if you want the oem switch style on door card then its parts & vag setting to enable, check with vag which door modules you have, you will need to add some wiring for the door looms & change the mirror switch, I have these oem but I'm doing my mod I had on my s3 with auto full closure with folding in/out on locking on oem locking system & remote, but still retain the oem aswell, but yes it can be done but it wont be cheap

Here is a question i can answer LOL. It is possible to retro-fit folding mirrors, but if you are getting the dealer to do it, you are looking at big money. Although I spec'd it on mine it came without the folding mirrors. When I enquired the dealers said it wasn't possible to retro-fit and they would give me back the money for the option or a free paint protection. A few calls later to various dealers and it became apparent it could be done. Average quote came in at 2.5 hours labour and something like £350 parts. The total was around £630. Needless to say the dealers changed their mind and agreed to do the work.........they were just trying it on due to the cost and the fact they had never done it before. Not that it should be a problem to them as they will only pass the cost back under warantee as the car should have come with them. Anyway, back to your question. Its not a problem doing the work and maybe you could o it yourself, but whatever you decide shop around as the cost varied significantly.

cheers fellas, keep the info comin:thumbsup:, do they fold fully back like the BMW ones or are they a bit half hearted like the mk5 Golfs which don't fold back very much at all

well yours would of been easier as your door modules are already fully compatible as they use the solely new J modules on all a3 facelifts now & maybe the internal loom was prewired but all they had to do was code door modules probably to 0004728 & then maybe change looms in door cards which is 20 minutes & then fit the new mirrors & plug in then sorted, but as it doesnt need any additional wiring from the doors into car its not exactly hard, elsawin would help you.

They fold in just past the widest point of the car so its enough so you can get into garage to width of car anyway, dont need to literally fold into the car itself, lol, be nice if they just did though huh & disappeared so the little hoody cxxts didnt rip them of

hi chaps,

so what kind of money you lookin at to do urself?

I have a set of OEM folding mirrors which MAY be forsale, i havent decided if im going to fit them yet. They came from a good source are are not nicked, I bought them from NHN on the forum.