Retro fitting OEM parking sensors?

Khufu

Reaction score
has anybody here fitted parking sensors using the original equipment? Using the WinElsa i have got the pin functions ie 12v (x2), earth & can high/low etc but i'm looking for an option of NOT ripping half the car apart to wire to fusebox :blush:

The Convenience module is right next to the module in the boot & TBH, I could tap into its wiring but not sure about the 12v supply. The parking sensors use 2 x 12v+ connections, 1 to fuse 8 and another to fuse 18 where the convenience uses fuse 3. I'm just not sure of connecting them to the same 12v+ in case its too much load. The canbus is spliced into a common wiring so im sure it wont be an issue :uhm:

any thoughts?

cheers, Ewan

that would suggest an after market wiring solution then? I dont seem to have the wiring in my loom for it. I have OEM module, loom & bumper sensors i got of german ebay for £105 inc postage. £200 seems cheap when the sensors are £60-ish each (x4) loom was about £115-ish and module £95-ish.

Still need the buzzer but had thoughts of looking for possibility of using RNS-E via the AV interface...

Yes I have & why didnt you ask me 1st anyway numnuts, lol

The audi kit for £200 you can buy after buying car is the same as the £30 kits of the bay, its not oem at all.

What can I tell you ew?

hey, your gonna tell me not to be lazy & rip all the trim of my car all the way back to my fuse box LOL

would I, me, be so rude, never swear on michael jacksons life................................

anyway can pick up CAN in boot of conv module & maybe power etc aswell, but Ew honestly its a doddle to take the bits of to fit, the rear drivers quarter is worst panel tbh to mess with, but not hard to do.

& yes dont be such a lazy arseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

would I, me, be so rude, never swear on michael jacksons life................................

anyway can pick up CAN in boot of conv module & maybe power etc aswell, but Ew honestly its a doddle to take the bits of to fit, the rear drivers quarter is worst panel tbh to mess with, but not hard to do.

& yes dont be such a lazy arseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

LOL, thought so!!! I just hate the sound of those snap connectors - err snapping LOL

With skillful use of ETKA i found the connector I required was present on the A3 8L aircon loom..... now where did i see on of those cars lying about?

Have now made myself up a short loom that can tap into the above mentioned conv module situated right next to sensor, just need a buzzer..

until i get my hands on a buzzer, I will test with VCDS when installed & look for smoke...

Just check with elsa the fuse the conv module is wired to as maybe needs a bigger fuse given running different modules but even with bigger fuse the power feed wire to that fuse is most likely matched to the rating anyway so dont wanna cause anyother issues huh, personally I did as per factory wired spec, so ran to front into fuse box, might have teed onto existing or used spare fuse space on 1-11 which are ignition fed, check anyway mate as dont wanna do it twice huh.

Yeh :hi:

napoleon_dynamite.jpg

Thats fecking brilliant, lmfao wickedly funny

Khufu, how did you get on with the PDC's? I'm just going down the same road with my A4... do you have any information on which wires go where into the Convenience module?