Retrofit wireless charging

jimbo255

Reaction score
Hi All,

Whilst waiting for my vorsprung my dealership gave me their launch edition for a day and all I can say was that I loved the car and was very impressed. The only thing that really annoyed me was that I really loved the wireless charging as its just so practical and of course that has been pulled from my car. I’ve been searching and have found this Here. Is anyone here knowledgeable to know if this will be able to be fitted?

A46CFE73 0E0F 412E 9A34 C74BDB792EA7

thanks

It’s a good novelty, but charges very slow. I end up just using my cable even with the wireless charging pad there

Reactions: ZB1 and Daggerit
I’ll retrofit it if it’s an easy fix. I like the idea of having it more than actually needing it tbf though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vw754
Why.is.wireless.charging.so.important.?

Never used it in my last 2 cars 8v /TTS don't even think my phone would have fitted in the space provided lol no sleep lost over it being deleted

Reactions: pburv
Why.is.wireless.charging.so.important.?

I guess to me it’s a OCD thing with no wires. Also my phone is usually charged but it’s always nice to keep it charged in a car.

iPhone 13 ProMax
Have had it with no charge for 2 days!
Don’t stress on wireless charging being omitted. I’m more p1ssed off that we have a standard A3 interior

Reactions: garethdj and Mastachaz
That will.be best way to go

• Love
Reactions: Detail Devil
My worry is with this along with the 360 cam and interior pack that they’ll all get added back in down the line and I’ll have a ‘covid spec’ Vorsprung

Reactions: Stu-27
My worry is with this along with the 360 cam and interior pack that they’ll all get added back in down the line and I’ll have a ‘covid spec’ Vorsprung

I dont think so.it will.be this year

Problem solved regarding the wireless charger. I considered the ones that were custom designed for the RS3 and even found a site selling the retro fit option but only in LHD and it is different :(

so here is the best way to retrofit the wireless charger.

D67E0949 89C5 4DC6 8613 15DE4EF66021

Reactions: ipd56, cooperp, 3vans and 4 others
Problem solved regarding the wireless charger. I considered the ones that were custom designed for the RS3 and even found a site selling the retro fit option but only in LHD and it is different :(

View attachment 250677
Personaly i dont mind connect phone by wire

MY23 spec to be released soon

View attachment 250677
Like that! -0so the mobile just sits on that device? Did it come with the neat short USB-C lead too?

Like that! -0so the mobile just sits on that device? Did it come with the neat short USB-C lead too?
No in true audi sense it was a lot of homework, the lead is here and the charger is here. The issue of cable charging is that in the future it will disappear and the real fact is that I'm just too lazy to plug it in and unplug it.

@Detail Devil it wouldn't surprise me if you get lucky and are able to add the design pack then all the interior accessories you have hidden in your office will be redundant!

Reactions: ipd56 and Mastachaz

when do they usually change the spec? I thought it’d be sometime in July

No in true audi sense it was a lot of homework, the lead is here and the charger is here. The issue of cable charging is that in the future it will disappear and the real fact is that I'm just too lazy to plug it in and unplug it.

@Detail Devil it wouldn't surprise me if you get lucky and are able to add the design pack then all the interior accessories you have hidden in your office will be redundant!
No way he be able to ad anyting

It’s a good novelty, but charges very slow. I end up just using my cable even with the wireless charging pad there
How do you succeded in it? I'm stuck after removing the gearshift panel....where I have to connect the cable? I read it's in the 12 V socket....Do you have any picture? :hopelessness:Thank you :thumbs up:

How do you succeded in it? I'm stuck after removing the gearshift panel....where I have to connect the cable? I read it's in the 12 V socket....Do you have any picture? :hopelessness:Thank you :thumbs up:
I have the launch edition, it’s standard in it

Hi All,

Whilst waiting for my vorsprung my dealership gave me their launch edition for a day and all I can say was that I loved the car and was very impressed. The only thing that really annoyed me was that I really loved the wireless charging as its just so practical and of course that has been pulled from my car. I’ve been searching and have found this Here. Is anyone here knowledgeable to know if this will be able to be fitted?

View attachment 247867

thanks
Sorry to reopen the topic...Did you buy it? I have one but I can't find where to plug it -.-

Sorry to reopen the topic...Did you buy it? I have one but I can't find where to plug it -.-
No I went with the amazon one and it’s been awesome for quick charging. The AliExpress ones were only LHD so no good for me.

If anyone is interested in it....You have to open the cigarette lighter/12v socket, pay attention at plastics!
Then you can connect easily the cable like in the picture attached. If the charger doesn't light up you have to change the only pre connected cable with the other identical next to it ( it only has + and - inverted). Hope it will be helpful! :blackrs4:

Screenshot 2022 07 30 at 204534

Reactions: kayemill, billymc92 and IanL-RS3

Thx for your info great help , but I see the pad has been updated to round one now so I found this and fit's good

Forever WDC-115 Inductive Wireless Charger 15 W Black Qi Technology Fast Charging 8 mm Thin Stylish for iPhone, Samsung, Motorola, Xiaomi, LG, Vivo, Huawei https://amzn.eu/d/6DItPAn

Sent from my XQ-CT54 using Tapatalk