Retrofitted Homelink

***DK***

Reaction score
On my quest to retrofit as many buttons as possible to my car I've finally retrofitted Homelink buttons to control my gates.

I followed the DIY below, buttons and grille surround trim came from USA, emitter from Europe and wiring from a guy on eBay.

If anyone else does this, go for the emmiter part number ending B or C as that runs higher frequencies used for most things nowadays (433mhz). I got the A part and have had to make a slight hack to run a remote with a lower frequency to match the emmiter. More details about frequencies at the Audizine link below.

Anyway all working and quite a rare option in the UK (I think).

ebd37d7716c0400c9dd410cd2835e9ef.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reactions: All-rod
Generally there is an intermediary module for audi homelink to interact with numerous gate systems to match frequencies as Audi didn't match well.

Iirc it was Siemens module, I r&d'd this when I lived in Italy, as gates were a common theme.

Yeah the one for my gates is very expensive for what it actually does. Think it's like £100 so I went with a £20 universal remote with relay switch wired to my original remote. Works like a charm.

So which buttons are still missing? What’s next on the retrofit list?

Ha not many, that's probably it for me now. I've done drive select, hill hold, boot release in door card and valet in the glove box.

Obviously there's other things I don't have like heated seats, rear blinds, automatic tailgate but they're all a little too involved for a cheapish retrofit.

Recently completed the facelift LED tail light upgrade.

B8.5 ball s-tronic gear knob (heat and twist method)

DAB radio is underway just need component protection removed and that's good to go.

Would love a face lift flat bottom steering wheel but they seem very expensive so unless I spot a cheap one somehow that's probably off the cards for a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: All-rod and JohnS3