Retrofitting AMI to Audi A8 D3

rad79

2010 Audi A8 D4 4.2 TDI
Reaction score
Hi,

I was thinking about installing AMI to my Audi. I read some info on various forums but still need some confirmations.

1. Can I just remove CD Changer in connect AMI instead. Will it work straight away?

2. Do I need to update software? My MMI's version is 2120 if I remember correctly.

thanks in advance for any answer.

Hi, thanks for the answer.

I've seen software and maps update DVDs on ebay for around 25 quid. Some say it is very easy to do an update but other say sometimes things go wrong after install. I wonder if I could do it myself. It seems to last quite long. Would it not drain the batter entirely?

I retro fitted AMI in my 2005 A8. I bought the official Audi AMI unit. It was very simple to install next to the CD changer. It was plug and play and simply connected to the rear of the CD changer. My MMI was already at
5570 so can't answer re if you have to update software.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: rad79
I have bought AMI and cables. Now awaiting software update. The only issue I have so far are missing metal clips keeping AMI in place. I was looking on ebay and elsewhere for a replacement ones and could not find. Did anyone see any? Or know name for them? If I will not find them I will need to screw AMI to my glovebox:-(

As a matter of update, maybe will be of a use for someone:

I bought split cables and connected AMI and kept CD changer. Easy job to do. Then I have updated software to 5150 version. All works fine, all files and folders from my pendrive are visible on MMI screen. No coding was needed or VCDS.