Help Please Retrofitting Apple CarPlay to 2010 S4, which kit?

lanceuppercut

Reaction score
I’m hopefully picking up my S4 this week and was looking at options to being able to use CarPlay and have seen a few different kits but there’s a big price difference in them.

£799 but it does seem to include installation costs
£205, unsure about installation costs though
No idea about price, will call tomorrow but location is sort of close to me

Are any of these kits/companies inherently better or worse than the other? My main use would be playing music via Spotify but more importantly, Waze.

Couldn't edit the original post so posting a follow up I guess.

The 2nd company have quoted me £550 for fitting at home in SE London and the 3rd company have quoted me £500 plus VAT at their place in West London so it looks like the 2nd company is my best bet.

I guess a follow on question is, is anyone able to fit this for me, at a cheaper rate than what the 2nd company are offering me to me at, which is more than the part costs..

Which kit is it you are planning on installing? £550 for fitting seems a bit steep.
It’s the £205 one in the 2nd link, oh sorry that was £550 fully fitted. Is that a reasonable price to expect for what needs to be done?

It’s the £205 one in the 2nd link, oh sorry that was £550 fully fitted. Is that a reasonable price to expect for what needs to be done?
It really shouldn't take more than an hour to fit unless something goes horribly wrong.

I'm really not confident doing things like this, but for the cost of installation to be the same as the item itself, seems a bit high. If there's any reputable people/places around London (preferably SE if possible) who will do this and not charge me the best part of £350 to install it, I'm all ears!

Ah sorry didn't realise they were links the £345 for install seems a lot is it just the interface you are installing or are you getting the cameras to go with it?

I installed the RSNav interface in my A5 with MMI 3G+ 2 weeks ago. It took me around 1.5 hours at most.

This is the one I installed. https://rsnav.com/collections/stand...to-interface-for-audi-cars-with-3g-3g-mib-mmi

I fitted the kit from elite CarPlay which I paid £404 for with a reversing camera. Fitted to my 2008 avant.

The kit is simple enough to fit. I had teething issues. More so I was missing a cable from the box and delays getting it etc. They did give me a link to a video of it being fitted so he tells you exactly which wire to join etc.

Now my phone connects wirelessly to the car and does so once you unlock it so you’re not waiting long. You access CarPlay by holding nav for a few seconds and the sound comes from the mmi aux connection (an extra few quid not included in the box!). Otherwise can’t fault it.

I'm now also looking at this, how bad is the boot up on the cheaper devices for the cost to be nearly double as one of the things I've read is this one has fast boot times.

The RSNav loads around the same sort of time it takes for my phone to fully connect to the cars Bluetooth. So you are waiting very long.

The carlinkit 4.0 I'm using is pretty good. it supports both wireless carplay and wireless android auto.
If I've read it right, that's a device for converting an existing wired CarPlay/Android to wireless. This thread is about adding CarPlay/Android to a car that doesn't yet have it.