Help Please Retrofitting heated seats into S4?

forty3

Reaction score
I'm still toying with the idea of changing out my interior for super sport seats but if I'm going to the heassel of doing it then I also want to make sure they are heated.

I've been doing lots of googling but have come up with very little info on what is needed to do the retrofit. A wiring harness from kufatec, a new climate control unit with heated seat buttons (cheap on ebay) and a highline control unit if I don't all ready have one fitted (although I have no idea how to tell).

Anyone done this retrofit or got any advice on how to do it?

New heater panel will need component protection removed which is anything from £50-100 depending on who does it.

New heater panel will need component protection removed which is anything from £50-100 depending on who does it.
Hi mate,

I'm looking at a similar conversion and was interested to understand what i need to cover off everything to ensure a great refit.

I've not heard of 'component protection' - what do you mean by this?

Thanks bud

Did anyone successfully get this done?? I'm 80% there.

I got the S4 supersport seats in, electrically moving fine and airbag working etc, got the heated seats wired in with kuftec loom and new control panel all working.

Where I'm stuff is the lumbar and massage function because it requires some extra wiring but I cant find definitive instructions. Anyone have any ideas

Buy some time on ERWIN and download the wiring diagrams.

Buy some time on ERWIN and download the wiring diagrams.
Will have too.

Was hoping someone would have the info, that's what forums used to be about, sharing info, discussing projects, problem solving collectively. Times have changed I guess

As the OP mentioned not much info around on this. Although that was quite a few years ago. Sounds like you have made good progress although I’m surprised that lumbar support isn’t working as that’s a standard function of the seat. I didn’t know the super sports seats had a massage function, I don’t have them fitted. There are times when you find yourself at the “coal face” you could be the one who resolves this. I’ll see if I can get my very old version of ELSA working and check the seat wiring for you.

I've thought about doing this but will now wait due to the whole cost of living/energy crisis! But when I do it I would personally involve NHN and have everything that's needed shipped to him and then pay him to do it correctly.

Good luck finding some decent seats. On the occasions when I looked, the only ones I saw were in quite a sad state.

As the OP mentioned not much info around on this. Although that was quite a few years ago. Sounds like you have made good progress although I’m surprised that lumbar support isn’t working as that’s a standard function of the seat. I didn’t know the super sports seats had a massage function, I don’t have them fitted. There are times when you find yourself at the “coal face” you could be the one who resolves this. I’ll see if I can get my very old version of ELSA working and check the seat wiring for you.
Turns out because of the massage function it needs another power supply and cable to the bcm to allow interface in mmi. (Lumbar is tied into massage power)

Managed to find info via an A5 retro fit. Unfortunately kuftec don't do a cable for it to include massage so it's a DIY job

Turns out because of the massage function it needs another power supply and cable to the bcm to allow interface in mmi. (Lumbar is tied into massage power)

Managed to find info via an A5 retro fit. Unfortunately kuftec don't do a cable for it to include massage so it's a DIY job
And they pneumatic bolsters