Retrofitting roof rails to sportback

Callum4545

Reaction score
Anyone retrofitted roof rails?

Are the holes marked in the roof to drill?

What size drill bit is needed for the holes?

Any guides to fit them?

There are inner holes but no markings externally of course, iirc 13mm drill, but best to gauge by the bolt diameter, if you wanted a supply/fit give me a shout :)

There are inner holes but no markings externally of course, iirc 13mm drill, but best to gauge by the bolt diameter, if you wanted a supply/fit give me a shout :)

If i buy a used set what else is needed to fit them?

Ive seen the spacer type things and the nuts. Looking on etka it mentions seals? What are they some sort of o ring?

who would sell a used set without all the fixings? Just pm nigel NHN above and let him sort it out for you

who would sell a used set without all the fixings? Just pm nigel NHN above and let him sort it out for you

Every set for sale ive seen haven't had the fixings with them.

Tried to pm NHN with no reply.

The nuts and spacers cost me £60 from Audi
If you message me your email I'll send you the fitting pdf

I would like to do this aswell but just for looks so im not interested in really drilling holes

does anyone know how much they are brand new? or can I buy some aftermarket ones and put them on somehow without drilling holes?

Could you help me please on roof rail issue pleaseeee. 07902948469 or my email leonbalfour@hotmail.co.uk
its not brain surgery. take down the headliner
all holes visible
put fixing in slot as a guide and drill pilot hole straight up
take fixing out
on outside use 13mm progressive drill bit
use a dremel to sand the hole and get rid of burrs
corrosion protection
paint
dry
put in fixings into slots
slip on rails
tighten to spec
done

Reactions: George Kost
Hi mate I would be interested supply&fit if you could send us your number or email??

Sorry for delay, been dealing with family covid & unwell pet, numbers in signature, 07974994143 WhatsApp, just appreciate there maybe a delay in reply, as nursing pet & family member, but I will reply.