Returning a Leased Car (Inspection)

Adrian76

Reaction score
Well, the long wait is very nearly over, the new Audi arrives this Friday. All good there!

My question is for those that have had experience of PCH in the past and in particular returning vehicles. I have had a Vauxhall for 3 years now and it is being collected on Monday next week. The car has done about 6000 miles less than what it should, so in theory will bring more money at Auction. It is in pretty good condition other than a stupid error I did in Blackpool a couple of months ago when I kerbed the front wheel. It is larger than the acceptable wear and tear.

Looked at repairing it, no guarantees it matches and at a cost of 60 quid - just wondered if anybody knows what sort of charge I am likely to face if any?

You should just get it repaired before giving it back because they will charge you over the odds. Get it booked.

99b3e3c9efc4d649032fd5fe1e566e47.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes that’s a definite charge. A family member driving a Vauxhall got charged for similar marks. Spend the £60 you were quoted.

I guessed as much, trouble is Garage isn't sure they can match the colour, so it may be a shade darker or lighter - don't want to end up paying twice.

A few years back I curbed a front alloy and took it in to get repaired, it ended up a slightly different shade (was very noticeable though). The easiest solution was to have them do the same to the rear on the same side so that it matched.

Yes that’s what their suggestion was. Just wondered if the charge is likely to be greater than the cost of repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The guys that come to collect and inspect my friends one series the charges were really cheap front corner of bumper and badly badly scraped on a rough wall charged 45 quid to repair. Wheel was 30.

Phone and ask why the charges are sure they will tell you doubt a wheel is more than 60

Reactions: Adrian76
Don’t bother getting it repaired. There is a list of fixed charges that varies from company to company for any damage and in my experience they’re never more than what you would pay yourself to have repaired.

In addition to this even when you sign off the inspection sheet, the lease company won’t always charge you for everything.

I’ve leased and returned BMW, VW, Maserati and Nissan and I’ve always either not been charged at all or it’s been fairly minimal. If it were me I’d just leave it.

Reactions: Adrian76 and scotty76
Just to concur with last couple of posts - that I wouldn't bother repairing in advance of inspection, our last 3 family cars have all been company leased and they generally charge between £25-£30+VAT per wheel for kerb damage like that (my Missus is a master at kerbing).

Each inspection we've had have been very fair indeed, the only thing I do is always make sure the car is cleaned inside and out properly and presents very well, our original 2016 B9 was inspected and collected in May and the only charge was £30 for kerbing on one wheel.

Reactions: Adrian76 and scotty76
Thanks everybody. I think that I'll clean it in and out and risk not repairing and accept to pay the penalty if it is brought up.

Thanks everybody. I think that I'll clean it in and out and risk not repairing and accept to pay the penalty if it is brought up.

Best way, they'll definitely charge for it as its much bigger than their acceptable wear and tear guide which they use, but as said on our first B9 which went back last month the charge was £30 for wheel refurb, our previous Golf was only £25 for a wheel refurb.

Do not pay retail price for tidy up work on PCP / PCH! The lease owner will get it repaired at a much lower rate due to their volume of business. When my BMW went back in March, there was two curbed front alloys and a ding in the door. Inspection report showed 15 quid per alloy and 30 for the cold metal repair to pull the dent. I was a few K under my mileage allowance so BMWFS said, "don't worry about it, we will just call it quits!"

Reactions: Adrian76 and Spaceman_RS3
Just leave it, the charges are usually very reasonable.

I returned my A6 with slightly less, but not much less, damage than that and they waived it. On my last car, a BMW, they charged £201 for 2 badly kerbed wheels and and a very large bumper scratch. Far less than the cost or hassle of getting it done. Factor in my time and/or miles to the repairer and it's a no brainer.

As for the miles my BMW was 6000 below what I'd paid for and they chose to ignore it! Value was £650-700 higher with lower miles but they refused to budge on the repair costs. Hence I'm back in an Audi. Not sure how Vauxhall work though.

Looks like very shallow marks. I would wet sand and spray using boggo Halfords wheel paint. Takes about 20mn and you"d surprised how good a result you can get. I am inept at it and I got great results.