Rev G DV noise & revo intake

kash_v

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Fitted a rev g to the s3 a week ago, must say it has transformed the car!

However, if i stab the throttle at idle to round 3000rpm when the revs drop it gives a slight pop from what sounds like the intake. Drives absolutely fine all the way to just before redline holds boost perfect.

All pipes/vag clips seem fine, so guess its normal?

My old dv was the one from factory and well shot.

Thanks

Hi mate, I no longer have the Rev G DV fitted but I used to have that, a Revo CAI and a stage 1 Revo remap fitted from March - August 2016 of which it did used to make all sorts of noises when giving it some! I've now got a GFB DV+ fitted and a stage 2 Revo remap with the Revo CAI which makes exactly the same sounds as before, so I can give this a go later for you but am guessing it's just the norm.

Reactions: kash_v
Thanks mate, yeah did think it would be the norm as it properly flys through the revs now compared to before.

Cant wait till my downpipe is on, should free it hell of a lot.

Yeah for sure as you've got no leaks or issues and it's holding boost fine, it's the Revo CAI which is making the DV extra vocal.

Definitely, am I right in saying that you're jumping straight to stage 2+ after? I did a poor man's stage 2 exhaust as I'm skint so got the pre-cat material knocked out which will suffice according to Revo. However for stage 2+, I'll be going down the BCS Powervalve route and custom mapping from R-Tech.

Reactions: S3Alex
Yeah stage 2+ ideally :). You can just get away with a sports cat downpipe, if your not chasing top numbers (Rtech still get round 350bhp, 350lbft with oem cat back) which is more then enough for me!

Will be putting up a wanted thread for a HPFP, but dubious as they are kind of delicate to fit ive heard. So one being removed etc may have seal damage.

[QUOTE
Will be putting up a wanted thread for a HPFP, but dubious as they are kind of delicate to fit ive heard. So one being removed etc may have seal damage.[/QUOTE]

I do not think I would want to rely on a preowned pump with Autotech internals as the reliability is down to the skill of the person who put it together and the fact that assembly needs to take place in totally clean conditions.
However, a Loba pump is a complete unit assembled in their factory and so should be OK. The O ring that seals the pump to the engine is easy to replace and should be done at the same time as changing the cam follower.

Reactions: HHS3 and kash_v