Rev Hang after Custom Map

Nyteryda

Nyteryda
Reaction score
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on an issue that has manifested itself after a custom mapping session. Basically, when lifting off the throttle above 2.8krpms it takes approximately 1 second for the power to shut off and go into over-run.. While on over-run above 2.8krpms, if I literally tap the throttle I get around a second of 'power' before over-run commences again. It makes driving the car a pain in the ***, especially when pressing on as the revs fly up in between gear changes and you effectively have to release the throttle 1 second before you want the power to shut off

It wasnt like this when I had a stage 1 map or on the base map after a bt conversion and am wondering what could be the cause ?
Below 2.8krpms it does not show the symptoms above and goes into over-run with minimal delay once the throttle is released

thanks

mine does this too with a stage 1 map, i thought it was just the characteristics of the car or the fact i havent installed the clutch pedal switch 100% right. Its really jerky when touching the throttle 1% then when you lift off it carries on for a second and shuts off. Bit of a ball ache to drive in slow moving traffic

I have looked into the faulty clutch switch idea but as this 'rev hang' was not present immediately before a custom remap it doesn't feel like the right answer for my car. I have read about 'fuel-cut off delay' but unsure of its relevance at the moment

check for that faultcode for clutch switch first, as it could do this, but so could making map adjustments too early in the load range on the map.... ie your mapper.. custom whoever it was..

eliminate the clutch switch first however before speaking with them - imho

I had a similar issue when I had a few split hoses under inlet mani? might have a split pipe after the remap?

Just an idea..