Rev limiter in 1st and 2nd ? S3

Hookmonster

Reaction score
Do you guys know what the rev limiter is set to in 1st and 2nd gear.. i tested it out for the first time yesterday after my Rtech stage 2+ remap and it came in in both gears...not like bouncing on the limiter... harsher than that..

Do you guys know what the rev limiter is set to in 1st and 2nd gear.. i tested it out for the first time yesterday after my Rtech stage 2+ remap and it came in in both gears...not like bouncing on the limiter... harsher than that..

Do you know where this started at?

Any alterations to the rev limit or the manner it's working in may be a result of the mapping.
The limiter on mine is completely different to before changing the ECU and software.

Reactions: Hookmonster
Yes. When they mapped it he did mention it has a limiter now !! Which i think meant it was set very high as standard..it cuts in very harsh now..not like the bouncing kind of limiter but almost like boom.. stop accelerating now !! Changed to 2nd did the same... .. didnt check the revs as i was watching the runway...

Yes. When they mapped it he did mention it has a limiter now !! Which i think meant it was set very high as standard..it cuts in very harsh now..not like the bouncing kind of limiter but almost like boom.. stop accelerating now !! Changed to 2nd did the same... .. didnt check the revs as i was watching the runway...

Sounds like quite a hard limiter.
On mine it ******* ignition and if you really try it will then selectively cut ignition and fuelling.

Reactions: Hookmonster
Ill check with Rtech.. its not like i usually push it that hard... it was a one off for me, so ill just have to change gear quicker if i try it again. ;)

Im sure i wasnt that hight up.. ill do a second gear test tomorrow.. thanks :)