Rev sound.

odonald

Reaction score
Hi, I'v realised that the sound when getting close to another car isn't working, in fact hasn't worked since buying a car a month ago, is there some way that I activate it, 2004 3.2fsi. There are sensor in the rear bumper. Thanks.

Do you mean parking aid doesn't make a sound?
There are settings of volume and sound for front and rear parking sensors in the MMI.
Check your hand book to make sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, the MMI has only got in Acoustic parking - rear volume rear frequency and they are turned on and reverse makes an initial sound that last 10 sec and that is all I get.

So, if you hear the initial beep, are the sensors working then? Is the object distance showing on the screen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that the 10 second beep if probably a warning that you have a sensor fault.
You will need to get the car scanned to find out which one as I believe that the car shuts the system down if one sensor is faulty.

Well I shall get the car scanned and see if it is, I have a scanner that plugs in under the drivers side to the OBD, will this diagnostic scanner do, thanks.

If it is genuine VCDS, yes. If you have one of those eBay cables, it won't. They usually show you any engine related problems only and have very limited options i.e. service indicator etc.

Proper scan will scan the whole computer for errors and problems related with all components, including parking aid. Should tell you, which of the sensors may be faulty.
Than, you only need to replace it and should be done. You may need to recode it (via VCDS again) that a new sensor has been fitted. Not sure if this will be essential.