Reverse camera in a B7

mattyboyc

B6 Veteran now Q5 owner
Reaction score
Hi all, Just popped over from the B6 section as i have a little issue with a friends B7 that i hope someone can help me out with, i fitted a reverse camera to my B6 and all works perfectly, however we are fitting the same sort of camera to the B7 Avant and we have the dreaded canbus telling us the numberplate lights are not working, how do we get the warning to go away, i don't have any of these problems on my B6 ( must be pre-historic) and can add things willy-nilly,
Any help greatfuly recieved,
Matt

Mine didn't throw an error when i put mine in,but i haven't got full dis in mine( I'm sure i read somewhere that cars without full dis dont suffer with canbus errors and ones with dull dis do!)
I read about lots of people wiring in resistors to cancel out the canbus error,might be worth you looking into it?
Oh and thanks for all your help/advice with fitting my camera 👍

the new camera have a light in it ?
if yes you just need the normal resistor on the power side for the light.

mattyyboyc has also posted this in the B6 forum, where he's said it's a 5W bulb so I've posted there that he needs to wire a 33 ohm 5W resistor in parallel (not series) with the LED.

Resistor rating in watts = bulb power in watts

Ideal resistor value in ohms = 144 divided by the bulb power in watts, just pick the next value higher in the E12 series The E12 series