Reverse camera

MA3RC

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hoping someone can put my mind at ease, does your rear camera look squished? I’m finding the image looks squashed from the sides, whereas my parents Q3 is more widescreen and overall looks better,

pics below of the A3
15B6456B 5F7C 4C67 9129 A5915541B6D5

and the Q3, it looks more “normal”
834C9297 D7B6 4BE8 8161 011000A16279

Yes, mines the same. Noticed it the day I collected it, going from 8V to 8Y. Normal on them all it seems.

Yeah, mine's the same. Very annoying, seems to only be on the A3 as well.

Yeah, mine's the same. Very annoying, seems to only be on the A3 as well.
The SOS Update for cars with Cameras fixes this I think and the flickering - Mine was done on Friday and all seems as it should be - To be fair I haven't driven it that much so not overly noticed but the Mastertech said the update takes over 4 hours and includes an MMI update as well so lots of things have been sorted as far as I'm aware

Reactions: AdamInKent
The SOS Update for cars with Cameras fixes this I think and the flickering - Mine was done on Friday and all seems as it should be - To be fair I haven't driven it that much so not overly noticed but the Mastertech said the update takes over 4 hours and includes an MMI update as well so lots of things have been sorted as far as I'm aware
Yea when I booked my service in, I asked them how long would it take, maybe 2-3 hours tops, they said actually as you have 2 software updates pending, may take the entire day or even more for both service and SW update, and they can give me a courtesy car for £20 for the duration, whether it was be a full day, or entire weekend.

Yea when I booked my service in, I asked them how long would it take, maybe 2-3 hours tops, they said actually as you have 2 software updates pending, may take the entire day or even more for both service and SW update, and they can give me a courtesy car for £20 for the duration, whether it was be a full day, or entire weekend.
My dealer has a Park and Ride round the corner, so just went into town for the day and had lunch etc

Hi, is there definitely a fix for this or is it supposed to like this?