Reverse light

ivansur

Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to install a reverse camera. I have heard that the correct cable for the reverse light is the BLUE and RED shown in the picture. However, I cannot find where this cable leads to in the car so that I can have easy access and connect some cables to that BLUE and RED. Does anyone know where I can find it apart from the headlights? Thank you. My car is Audi a3 2008, 3doors, 1.9 TDI.

Thank you very much

Attachments

• IMG_7452.JPG
    IMG_7452.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
You want to be picking up a supply from the reverse light so that when that activates it switches on the camera. You don’t want to be picking up feeds from the headlights.

You want to be picking up a supply from the reverse light so that when that activates it switches on the camera. You don’t want to be picking up feeds from the headlights.
That is what I mean I want to follow where that blue and red cable goes so that I can access it from the boot and connect the appropriate cables to it. Do you know what I mean?

They are blue/brown. Just look at the reverse bulb holder
The picture is from the reverse bulb holder. I just cannot see the cable anywhere else around the car, so I am asking of where it can be?

Panel on the left of the boot. Remove that, then iirc remove the sub if fitted, youll find the part of the loom for the rear lights

Don't use the reverse wire as a feed, use this as a relay trigger as the voltage isn't stable enough & can often create bad signal of video with lines or no camera.

Reactions: abmat
Panel on the left of the boot. Remove that, then iirc remove the sub if fitted, youll find the part of the loom for the rear lights
Thanks for your comment. Are you 100% sure that I will find part of the loom for the rear lights after the removal of the left panel of the boot? And it would be the blue and red/brown wire right? Thank you.

You may also need a relay/filter for the camera to work due to the canbus system.

It's nothing to do with canbus, as per my previous post.
All that wiring from the tail light will run along the rear pillar up towards the rear trim in a rubber shield, usually i get a wire clothes hanger with some tape on the end of it to try and feed it through. That's how I got mine fitted.
Thanks for your comment. Are you 100% sure that I will find part of the loom for the rear lights after the removal of the left panel of the boot? And it would be the blue and red/brown wire right? Thank you.
Do you have a multimetre or test light to confirm?