Reverse lights not working

Gaz78

Reaction score
So, after be all chuffed that I've polished up my inner rear lights, I've now discovered they aren't working .

I did remove them to polish them so literally undone the clips for each light, then reassembled same way, but now the reverse lights both sides aren't working. The fog bulb/lights do however work......any ideas??

It's a 2007 A3 sportback. I'm not sure if there's a fuse just for the reverse lights?? Any help appreciated guys

Gaz

Oh and a scan on vcds says:

01518 - bulb for back up lights; left (m16)
012 - electrical fault in circuit
Freeze frame:
Fault status: 01101100

Also says same for right light......ideas???

Oh and a scan on vcds says:

01518 - bulb for back up lights; left (m16)
012 - electrical fault in circuit
Freeze frame:
Fault status: 01101100

Also says same for right light......ideas???

Double check you reverse light switch wiring but it’s probably just a blown bulb that’s got knocked when it’s been disturbed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gaz78
Well just checked bulbs and they both blown . Will put new in tomorrow, but seems coincidental that they both blown same time as me taking units out to polish??

Well just checked bulbs and they both blown . Will put new in tomorrow, but seems coincidental that they both blown same time as me taking units out to polish??

Too be fair you’ve disturbed them if the filament was gonna move it’s be then. At least it’s something simple

Too be fair you’ve disturbed them if the filament was gonna move it’s be then. At least it’s something simple

I could of made it alot simpler if I checked the obvious (ie bulbs) first .

I've checked every fuse, took all trims off looking for breaks in wiring, taken lights out again, all for a blown bulb

New bulbs fitted and all is good. Don't know what caused both to blow same time???