Reverse Sensor Questions

GrizzlyDan

Reaction score
Hi guys

My new to me A6 has the reverse sensors on the rear bumper. Iv done a bit of reading up first and iv put the car in reverse. Held my ear next to each sensor and all of them are clicking away. Not one of them seems different

However when I go into reverse there is no beep or indication they work. The setting on the menu for parking volume and frequency doesn't let you change minus or plus. The dial on the screen is held in the middle.

I put my vin into the my audi website and it says I should have rear parking but not sure what I'm missing . As I said in my intro I'm new to audi but not working on my own vehicle. I use to own a discovery so quite happy doing bits when I can

Any help or pointer will be great

Dan

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

You need to get the cars scanned with VCDS when are you based as there could be a member near you.

Just near Hull.

I've had a couple of defective sensors over the years, could be wrong but I don't think they threw up a fault code. I get a short beep to indicate they are working and a longer, louder beep (the first time reverse is engaged) to indicate a fault.

They will give a fault code on the Park Assist module if the sensors are faulty. However as you don't get a beep, you either have a faulty buzzer or a dead park assist module.

Thanks people. I shall look now and see what can be done