Q3 Reverse sensors

Matmacka89

Reaction score
Hi quick question, on the q3 s line when selecting reverse does the sensors show on screen or just a beep? Im used to them showing on my skoda but seeing mixed reviews they do and they dont show and just beep?
Thanks

Hi quick question, on the q3 s line when selecting reverse does the sensors show on screen or just a beep? Im used to them showing on my skoda but seeing mixed reviews they do and they dont show and just beep?
Thanks
Depends what the spec of your car is - if you have selected the absolutely essential Comfort and Sound Pack you get this:

A pack that adds value by combining some of our most popular options – designed to offer convenience, as well as enhance your driving comfort, and sound experience.

Bang & Olufsen 3D Sound System
The system features 15 loudspeakers including a subwoofer and centre loudspeaker and a 16-channel amplifier with an output of 680 watts.The 3D sound effect ensures an intense sound experience for all occupants. Exclusive speaker covers with aluminium applications. The sound is permanently adapted to compensate for driving and background noises determined by a microphone

Rear View Camera
An image of the area behind the vehicle is displayed with dynamic display modes highlighting the calculated path (steer-angle dependent). Reversing camera is concealed in the handle strip of the luggage compartment lid.

Heated front seats
Heating for seat, backrest centre panels and side bolsters. Individually adjustable in several stages for driver and front-passenger side via the air-conditioning controls

Audi Parking System Plus
Acoustic and Visual Park Assist system for the front and rear with the MMI display showing a graphical representation of the distance to any obstacle detected outside and within the driving path. This also shows the calculated path (steer-angle dependent), including guidelines. Measurement is via ultrasonic sensors concealed in the bumpers. When combined with Audi Side Assist (part of Driver Assistance Pack (PCE) or standard on Vorsprung trim), also includes cross-traffic assist rear.
Vehicle driver assistance and safety systems are not a substitute for attentive driving. Drivers retain full responsibility for providing the necessary inputs for safe control of the vehicle.

Unfortunately its a car already sat waiting so no optional extras, seems it really would of been worth getting this. What cars dont have parking sensors show on the screen, not happy as were not allowed to test drive so all these things you dont know till you have the car, do we know if its possible to activate with vcds or something?

You need to find a way of getting out of the deal, you'll lose your deposit I expect - you'll be disappointed.

When the F3 Q3 1st appeared posters were appearing on that other forum desperate to fix the woeful 4 speaker standard audio system and wondering when the front park sensors didn't work - despite the front bumper having the moulding bits. VCDS won't help as the hardware isn't present. TBH the features in the C&S pack ought to be standard at the Q3's price point.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Wow i dont think its really gona be that bad, i dont mind i was just wondering and certainly wont be pulling out the deal over some speakers

Speakers aren't that bad, Ive had A3's in the past with B&O and my mum has an identical Q3 with C&S pack. Personally i preffered spending the money on upgrading the alloys, steering wheel and ambient lighting. Its all personal choice

I dont have the c&s package and i honestly dont see the problem with the standard sound system, its a loads better then i imagined

Thanks
Depends on year of your car, but mine is a 2013 and i had the same problem i had a guy do mine and it was a 2 minute job to turn it on and he unlocked some other cool features for me. It did not require a VCDS