Facelift Reversing camera image on dashboard ?

Slowracer

Reaction score
I spent the last 2 weeks driving a loaner my19 A4 and when I got back into my car it reminded how small and shi**ty the reversing camera image is on the MMI.

On the TTRS the image is displayed on the virtual dash, does anyone know if it’s possible to code the reverse camera image on the RS3 dash or is it hardwired.

I spent the last 2 weeks driving a loaner my19 A4 and when I got back into my car it reminded how small and shi**ty the reversing camera image is on the MMI.

On the TTRS the image is displayed on the virtual dash, does anyone know if it’s possible to code the reverse camera image on the RS3 dash or is it hardwired.
TT only has one screen so that's where the image is displayed. Is it possible to get the image on on the VC? Yes, but you need to configure your vehicle as if it was a TT... which will cause issues with other features and functions.

TT only has one screen so that's where the image is displayed. Is it possible to get the image on on the VC? Yes, but you need to configure your vehicle as if it was a TT... which will cause issues with other features and functions.

This has reminded of something I’ve been wanting to ask you for some time Alex.

I believe on the PFL the reversing camera in the central MMI filled the screen with a somewhat seethrough overview of the car and reversing sensors? Whereas on the facelift it is a solid screen showing the car overview, can this be changed?

I’ve got a photo of one how I would like it if possible, will make the quality much better.

1ab182311c12c00e0f296ac0b715f79f.jpg

Reactions: Sn00ten and Spinstorm

I believe on the PFL the reversing camera in the central MMI filled the screen with a somewhat seethrough overview of the car and reversing sensors? Whereas on the facelift it is a solid screen showing the car overview, can this be changed?

I’ve got a photo of one how I would like it if possible, will make the quality much better.

Ah that looks much better than current - I don't understand why Audi didn't use the whole screen either... I really don't need a top down view of the car and parking sensors, I can what's there in the ****** camera! (albeit rather small currently)

Reactions: AudiNutta

Cannot be changed unfortunately. The display layout / format is set by the MMI and not the Camera control module, so if you wanted this display you would need to retrofit an MIB1.

Cannot be changed unfortunately. The display layout / format is set by the MMI and not the Camera control module, so if you wanted this display you would need to retrofit an MIB1.

What’s the cost to retrofit rear camera into my pfl rs3 ?

Already have mmi nav high and parking pack. Just no camera.

Regards

What’s the cost to retrofit rear camera into my pfl rs3 ?

Already have mmi nav high and parking pack. Just no camera.

Regards
Genuine Audi OEM Parts, new and with 2 years warranty, would be £380.00 supplied and fitted at the moment.

Damn that’s really disappointing!!

:(