reversing camera problem

redlinehigh

Reaction score
hi Guys,
i have just washed my s3 saloon pre face lift 2015 and when i got in and engaged reverse the camera which is a factory fit one, it didnt come up as normal which is strange!!
i have tried it numerous times after and it either comes up with the parking sensor screen with the car and the directional lines or nothing at all, which is even stranger!!
Has anyone experienced this at all or got any ideas please as i cant find any thread, only ones to retro fit camera.
many thanks

Check the wires around the boot lid especially the ones near the struts, seems to be a common problem the wires wear through with the opening and closing of the boot.
other thing to check is water getting in as if I remember right the pfl had a camera module on the right side of the boot where the tools are stored.

Saloon = Anything mounted on the tailgate will sooner or later stop working as the loom that connects flex’s every time the boot is opened and eventually wires break, in this case it seems to be your Video cable But I would check your rear lights. I repair loads of these On Audi and VW saloon cars.

thanks for your replies guys, a great help and somewhere to start looking!!

Reactions: DJAlix