Reversing camera Vs Reverse rear acoustic parking

ahfh1

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking to spec out a new Audi A3 and have noticed that the reversing camera (£275) is a cheaper option than the rear acoustic parking system (£345).

Obviously these would be useful aids to help with reverse parking, but which one should I go for? Is the reverse camera still OK to see when it's dark/night time? Is the viewing angle any good?

Thanks for any comments!

I personally say go for the acoustic parking, there are sensors still on the very corners of the bumper and no camera lens wide enough will cover the viewing distance.

Pretty sure you need front and rear sensors (parking plus) in order to spec the reversing camera :(

Pretty sure you need front and rear sensors (parking plus) in order to spec the reversing camera :(

Yes, you're right, I've just checked! Looks like I'll be going with the cheaper rear acoustic sensors then!

Yes you are right you do need parking system plus to get rear camera, but for reference the camera is excellent and works well in the dark.
I hardly ever use the mirrors any more.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381304393112575
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381304430845654

It's also worth pointing out rear sensors are part of the comfort pack so if you are thinking of anything like cruse control too it's worth looking at the price of the pack option and see if it's worth adding for the extra cash ;)

Reactions: cemerson