Reversing sensors not always working

Reaction score
Hi.
At work, I reverse park upto a wall and today the reversing sensors didn’t activate. This is the 3rd time in about a month that this has happened. The first time it happened about 3 weeks ago I touched the wall (luckily at low speed so no damage). Today I noticed it didn’t work so I put it in drive (it’s an automatic) and reverse again and it worked and started beeping again.

I don’t think I’m doing anything to turn it off and dont even know if that’s possible but it’s got me worried now.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I’ve got the same issue, I’ve got the 35 TFSI MHEV auto, I’ve been told by a Audi technician not to reply on sensors nor camera as there’s a fault within the Ethernet cables connecting each complement. The camera also freezes when reversing

I’ve just rang Audi and the cable isn’t a known issues as yet and suggested I not trust forums (even tho everyone on here knows a lot more it seems than Audi themselves) and take it in but I’m imagining after leaving it there a day and having no car, they’ll say they couldn’t find any fault.

I get what you say about using mirrors but on a new Audi, they should be spot on.

Reactions: Ethian Jack Sutherland
Why are Audi not provided courtesy cars when people's vehicles are in for repairs? Is it because of COVID?

Reactions: AdamInKent
Why are Audi not provided courtesy cars when people's vehicles are in for repairs? Is it because of COVID?
yes and no, you usually have to book way in advance to get a courtesy car... it really puts you of taking the car in to get it fixed if I am honest.

My first two cars had neither reverse sensors not camera, didn't hit anything, had to do things old school, window/mirror/instinct previous car just gone, had both sensors and camera, managed to curb my wheel 3 times, overelied on the reverse guidelines. The sensorless/cameraless cars, didn't have any scrapes or bumps or curbs.

Reactions: DreamInCode