Reviews

It was never going to win but I’m impressed with how well it kept up with things considering how much less power it has. Was all but level pegging with the RS5!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, RS3 did seem to be pretty good keeping up with the older siblings. I suspect the RS3 and RS5 power to weight is pretty similar, but I did think wow they are both level pegging.

Doesn't seem like the R8 is any good these days on launch or was it just Matt Watson being useless

First race @7:36

RS3 doing well hanging out with the big boys + imho the RS5 should be embarrassed as from a roll the RS3 was ahead almost until the one mile marker!

The sound of that V10 though :wub:

TX.

Reactions: AndyVWR and Daggerit
RS3 doing well hanging out with the big boys + imho the RS5 should be embarrassed as from a roll the RS3 was ahead almost until the one mile marker!

The sound of that V10 though :wub:

TX.

For sure, I know it wouldn’t be a fair comparison but I’d love to see what a tune on the RS3 would look like compared to the rest. I’m willing to bet the bigger cars would get a bit of a shock.

The RS3 launches looked odd. Perhaps Matt Watson failed to put the car in Dynamic. On the 8V one must put the car in Dynamic after every restart. Could be the same thing with the 8Y.

The RS3 launches looked odd. Perhaps Matt Watson failed to put the car in Dynamic. On the 8V one must put the car in Dynamic after every restart. Could be the same thing with the 8Y.
No; the 8Y reverts back to auto mode, does not stay in dynamic like the 8V did

Reactions: Daggerit
No; the 8Y reverts back to auto mode, does not stay in dynamic like the 8V did

That chap was saying you have to put it back into dynamic mode after a restart… which is that same as what you’re saying bud - you’re agreeing with each other

For sure, I know it wouldn’t be a fair comparison but I’d love to see what a tune on the RS3 would look like compared to the rest. I’m willing to bet the bigger cars would get a bit of a shock.

Something totally brushed over by Matt was the rs3 driver moaning about poor traction because the track was dirty where the rs3 was running.

That chap was saying you have to put it back into dynamic mode after a restart… which is that same as what you’re saying bud - you’re agreeing with each other
I think he means the current car reverts to comfort every ignition cycle vs the old one that would stay in dynamic on the screen but actually reverted to comfort every ignition cycle.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: billymc92 and Snake Pliskin
Something totally brushed over by Matt was the rs3 driver moaning about poor traction because the track was dirty where the rs3 was running.
It still did the quickest 1/4 mile that Carwow had tested with the RS3

I think he means the current car reverts to comfort every ignition cycle vs the old one that would stay in dynamic on the screen but actually reverted to comfort every ignition cycle.

TX.

At I see thanks. Thought they were both saying the same thing when reading as a newbie!

Reactions: Terminator x
It still did the quickest 1/4 mile that Carwow had tested with the RS3

I could be wrong but I think he was just talking about the braking zone. Still just as fast as an RS5 for all intents and purposes. And on a B road there would be nothing in it for sure.

No I’m not, I saying something different. In the 8V after a restart it would say it’s in dynamic still but car would actually be in comfort. In the 8Y it goes to auto and even says it’s in auto, it won’t still say the last mode it was in but actually be in comfort

TX.

No I’m not, I saying something different. In the 8V after a restart it would say it’s in dynamic still but car would actually be in comfort. In the 8Y it goes to auto and even says it’s in auto, it won’t still say the last mode it was in but actually be in comfort
I think that TX covered that earlier. My S4 was the same, although you could put the gearbox into S or cycle through the drive select and it would sort it back into Dynamic for real. Annoying having to do that each time but I suppose it's another noise emissions thing so you don't start the car in loud mode each time...

Reactions: Keano04
Yes every start up in the 8V needed to cycle through and select individual (which was set to dynamic).
Became second nature though and same with the 8y.
Just cycle through the RS button to individual or RS and sorted.

Yeah I realise now - [mention]Terminator x [/mention] clarified that for me

Heres our old mate Volkswizard with a RS3 for the week............''Lets see what happens if I floor it around this left hand corner with everything in an aggressive setting'' nearly the first and the last car Audi UK ever gave him :coldsweat:

• Haha
Reactions: cooperp, kormilo1950 and HulkRS3
Heres our old mate Volkswizard with a RS3 for the week............''Lets see what happens if I floor it around this left hand corner with everything in an aggressive setting'' nearly the first and the last car Audi UK ever gave him :coldsweat:

Literally lmfao here. Nearly wrote it off within 30 mins of having it. Gonna be the case for a lot of ‘drivers’ who think it will react like the old ones did. Never known the saying ‘eyes on stalks’ to be more appropriate.

25006503 AE35 4DD4 AFC1 F3A2D95DED89

Reactions: kormilo1950, garethdj and Mike.46
Literally lmfao here. Nearly wrote it off within 30 mins of having it. Gonna be the case for a lot of ‘drivers’ who think it will react like the old ones did. Never known the saying ‘eyes on stalks’ to be more appropriate.

View attachment 249005
Mk8 Golf R very similar in the handling dept, dry summer and a big roundabout, f**k me does it hang on well, 4 wheel drifting, possible oversteer and NO understeer full stop, impressive

Reactions: Mr Freeze and 8YARWY
Mk8 Golf R very similar in the handling dept, dry summer and a big roundabout, f**k me does it hang on well, 4 wheel drifting, possible oversteer and NO understeer full stop, impressive

Priceless

It was very rewarding instead of 'aim for the exit and hope you dont run out of road' approach :)

Sorry I meant the Volkswizard nearly stacking it in the first corner.
I thought on my test drive the RS3 was great in the corners

Reactions: Mike.46 and NevMan

View attachment 249005

Still hasn’t got a patch on a golf gti Clubsport for ‘real’ drivers though does it?

• Haha
Reactions: Terminator x, HulkRS3, RS03??? and 2 others
Still hasn’t got a patch on a golf gti Clubsport for ‘real’ drivers though does it?

Oh no it never will……

Reactions: NevMan, Terminator x and Daggerit
Oh no it never will……

I finally actually watched it and at the end he was singing it’s praises and I thought ‘wow, he’s actually going to say it’s a good car to buy.’. Wrong.

Apparently a well spec’ed RS3 is £70k (not if you’re paying list) so it’s better to buy a Porsche Boxter GTS and, wait for it, an Mk8 Golf GTI Clubsport. Who would’ve thunk it? You should do exactly what he’s already done because he’s got it sussed.

Apparently buying the Clubsport for fuel economy over the RS3 (even though it was barely any better on his commute) and the Porsche for more excitement.

Boll0cks. The fuel economy thing is stupid and I’m willing to bet the RS3 would annihilate the Porsche on a B road and you’d be having a great time. He’s such a muppet.

Anyway, car sounded good and did everything he asked of it. Almost put him in a ditch too, which I notice he never tried again! Lol.

Reactions: Keano04, 8YARWY and Mike.46
I finally actually watched it and at the end he was singing it’s praises and I thought ‘wow, he’s actually going to say it’s a good car to buy.’. Wrong.

Apparently a well spec’ed RS3 is £70k (not if you’re paying list) so it’s better to buy a Porsche Boxter GTS and, wait for it, an Mk8 Golf GTI Clubsport. Who would’ve thunk it? You should do exactly what he’s already done because he’s got it sussed.

Apparently buying the Clubsport for fuel economy over the RS3 (even though it was barely any better on his commute) and the Porsche for more excitement.

Boll0cks. The fuel economy thing is stupid and I’m willing to bet the RS3 would annihilate the Porsche on a B road and you’d be having a great time. He’s such a muppet.

Anyway, car sounded good and did everything he asked of it. Almost put him in a ditch too, which I notice he never tried again! Lol.

Haha yes I watched it through and he certainly seemed positive about it.
Yes when he got to end and suggested way forward was actually to have two cars. ………such as GTI Clubsport and Boxster….oh really that’s convenient.

well we have his dynamic test video to come, so we will have to see what he thinks of it on the limit.

Reactions: pburv and 8YARWY

Reactions: Mr Freeze, pburv and Jassyo06
Lol after watching the above I wonder who will be the first to stack one of these thinking they are invincible into a bend.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin, kormilo1950 and 3 others

My head really started to hurt after watching two videos from this guy. Never heard of him before and hope to never watch him again. Also this other guy really did not help the video at all :coldsweat:

Lol after watching the above I wonder who will be the first to stack one of these thinking they are invincible into a bend.

Damn, I was waiting to see him get some oversteer and **** his breeks like he done last time lmao, instead he got excited over it literally going around a corner.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Damn, I was waiting to see him get some oversteer and **** his breeks like he done last time lmao, instead he got excited over it literally going around a corner.

I was the same. But he still doesn’t recommend getting it even though his initial criticisms of the interior and price seem to have been turned 180°.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
A bit of a worry about the brake discs?

Been the same ever since the 8P.

Always reversed on one side.

First thing I’d be doing is binning the standard discs and fitting a decent set.

Reactions: Terminator x, Big Matt and Snake Pliskin

Couldn’t watch it all. Got sick of his voice, $hi7 driving & whining. No doubt he ended with saying not as accomplished as a bleedin’ Golf Clubsport.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and 8YARWY
Couldn’t watch it all. Got sick of his voice, $hi7 driving & whining. No doubt he ended with saying not as accomplished as a bleedin’ Golf Clubsport.

His exact words “I’m buying a Tesla, this is the way”.
giphy.gif

• Angry
Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
****** damn depressing listening to them both.....just Dire... Python looked OK as well but not a colour l would choose

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
giphy.gif

RS3 8Y crashing in the background after taking a corner too fast

Neither Mando or Fett would be seen in an EV ;)

Reactions: Mr Freeze, 8YARWY and Jassyo06
Been the same ever since the 8P.

Always reversed on one side.

First thing I’d be doing is binning the standard discs and fitting a decent set.

Reyland?

TX.

Reactions: 8YARWY