Reviews

Lol why the hell does he put it in launch mode at the end

Daytona maybe something I’m considering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was wondering that and also wondering if timing releasing you foot off the brake as it dips would give a quicker 0-100kph time?

It would have been one hell of a video if indeed his foot had slipped off the brake :)

I've actually been wondering about that sound during launch. I've noticed it in some review videos while others is just a constant engine RPM. My A4 used to do something similar when you tried to launch it but it wasn't ready (oil wasn't warm, steering wheel wasn't totally straight, DPF was on regen, etc.), so I wonder if some of the reviews didn't actually have full launch control activated? Also, the same cars tend to squat down a bit, which dual clutch boxes don't do if launch control is properly engaged, so leads me towards the same conclusion.

Could just be slight variances or total coincidence, but there's definitely a difference between them in terms of the sound.

Reactions: Add_Profile
I've actually been wondering about that sound during launch. I've noticed it in some review videos while others is just a constant engine RPM. My A4 used to do something similar when you tried to launch it but it wasn't ready (oil wasn't warm, steering wheel wasn't totally straight, DPF was on regen, etc.), so I wonder if some of the reviews didn't actually have full launch control activated? Also, the same cars tend to squat down a bit, which dual clutch boxes don't do if launch control is properly engaged, so leads me towards the same conclusion.

Could just be slight variances or total coincidence, but there's definitely a difference between them in terms of the sound.
Good point, My Golf R wont go into Launch mode until the transmission is warm enough, usually around 5 minutes after the engine oil temp gets to above 90c

Reactions: Daggerit
Good point, My Golf R wont go into Launch mode until the transmission is warm enough, usually around 5 minutes after the engine oil temp gets to above 90c

Exactly. The Carwow review has launched I think sound more like they should, just for comparison.

And probably the best and only time to use torque rear lol, good show off at the end of the run

Reactions: Economist and Daggerit
I'd be gutted if I'd paid £120k plus for an Rs6 and a Rs3 was that close to me .

Yeah. And I’m sure with just a tune it would be much more interesting!

Reactions: Mr Freeze

Lol I wonder how long before we start seeing cars fubar’d in Birmingham supermarket car parks.

Reactions: Jassyo06, 3vans, Add_Profile and 1 other person
Tyre wear on the 8Y will be stupid with torque rear, performance mode looks to be a winner even with increased camber so budget for tyres now lol.

Tyre wear on the 8Y will be stupid with torque rear, performance mode looks to be a winner even with increased camber so budget for tyres now lol.

my 8v ate through fronts every 6,000 miles ;)

(Pirelli’s)

Just one torque rear drift, you can replace the rear at the same rate as the front. Audi are only thinking of us when it comes to convenience :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Economist and Daggerit
i wish they’d never included that drift mode *** !
yeh all those bmw and merc idiots will now say its great because you can do donuts in maccy Ds carpark. Yet, theyll hardly ever use it. I guess it appeals to those with a mental age of 10

Reactions: seventeenapg and Snake Pliskin
I'd be gutted if I'd paid £120k plus for an Rs6 and a Rs3 was that close to me .
Think its closer than that with i presume bigger discounts on the Rs6. I am sure you can get an RS6 for closer to £105-100K and a decent spec RS3 will be nearer £65K with likely no discount. Plus you have a bigger car, more space and kit. But agreed, id rather have an RS3 and spend the difference on an SUV for lugging stuff about

Lol even Volkswizard mentions the round steering wheel on his S3 8Y vs S3 8V

Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
Lol even Volkswizard mentions the round steering wheel on his S3 8Y vs S3 8V

was just gonna say that @Doja cat veat me to it: the round steering wheel looks really big & old fashioned pmsl :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: 8YARWY
Another one with a Daytona @snake_pliskin

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Has the price increase that's on the horizon prompted you to order yet @T-1000 ?

Once the car goes tomorrow and the money is in my bank then I’m going to place an order.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Mr Freeze and Jassyo06
Once the car goes tomorrow and the money is in my bank then I’m going to place an order.

I sent my spec over to oldham Audi earlier on so I'll see what they come back with told the head of business I want a good discount for the **** I've
had with my seat so lets see what they come back with :laughing:

Standard car
C+S pack
Adaptive Suspension
Roof Rails
Rs sports exhaust
Glacier White paint

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan, 8YARWY and 1 other person

What spec you going with or is it Top Secret :laughing:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan and 8YARWY
What spec you going with or is it Top Secret :laughing:

Vorsprung and Daytona or………. If lead time is under 12 months….. an exclusive paint.

Reactions: Jassyo06, RS03???, Snake Pliskin and 2 others
Vorsprung and Daytona or………. If lead time is under 12 months….. an exclusive paint.

hatch or saloon ?
I’m sure you’ll be happy with an 8y - all the reviews are very positive so hopefully we will all be pleased with our RS3’s

Reactions: Mr Freeze and 8YARWY
hatch or saloon ?
I’m sure you’ll be happy with an 8y - all the reviews are very positive so hopefully we will all be pleased with our RS3’s

Hatch mate.

Salon is no good for us.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
Email from the Scarlett pimpnernel sales guy my price is locked even though no deposit no build date yet not fussed by that either confirmation of no 360 camera deletion as well ....so all is good in the hood as far as l am concerned

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin, NevMan and 1 other person