Reviews

Not hard mate, check out the M240i/M3/M4 interior. Agreed the old BMW interiors were cr*p, but they have upped their game big time over the last few years, but all subjective. I am sure the black RS3 interior will be lovely too

Was tongue in cheek mate

Whilst I don’t like all of the touches on the new interiors (bring back older style bmw dials lol) , they’ve clearly put a lot of effort in and as said when it comes it’s not hard to see it will be a more exciting place to be than the a3, sorry rs3 interior

If they could sneak some red stitching onto my seats before it arrives, all is forgiven for the delays

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Was tongue in cheek mate

Whilst I don’t like all of the touches on the new interiors (bring back older style bmw dials lol) , they’ve clearly put a lot of effort in and as said when it comes it’s not hard to see it will be a more exciting place to be than the a3, sorry rs3 interior

If they could sneak some red stitching onto my seats before it arrives, all is forgiven for the delays

Fair enough . Agree, all it takes is some nice contrast stitching. To be fair I am not a fan of some of the lairy colour choices on the BM’s, but the seats do look good

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06

No harm or disrespect but Audi need to put people in these cars that actually know what they're talking about. I'm less than 4 minutes in and he's said at least two factually incorrect things already. Thinks the steering wheel is heated and different trim levels come with red stitching. yawn

Reactions: NevMan, Keano04, Snake Pliskin and 2 others

No harm or disrespect but Audi need to put people in these cars that actually know what they're talking about. I'm less than 4 minutes in and he's said at least two factually incorrect things already. Thinks the steering wheel is heated and different trim levels come with red stitching. yawn

Yeah saw that earlier too. Utter drivel. Didn’t even watch it all…

The urge to be first seems to hit the quality of content quite hard.

Reactions: RS03???, Snake Pliskin and 3vans

It is staggering how so often they don’t actually know stuff, and get completely wrong. Some of the “better” ones will be something on screen stating the correct fact, but few and far between

Reactions: 8YARWY

Quite like StefABTv’s reviews. Pretty good this one, at least he is accurate. Only little annoyance is the BOTB sponsorship, and and the python yellow, have to agree, not a fan

Reactions: Mike.46

I watched that, he didnt really tell me anything except it's not as premium inside as an M3 and of course as he keeps saying it's only really the Shmuseum run around

I watched that, he didnt really tell me anything except it's not as premium inside as an M3 and of course as he keeps saying it's only really the Shmuseum run around
Don’t shoot the messenger mate just posting new content in case anyone missed it

Don’t shoot the messenger mate just posting new content in case anyone missed it
Sorry, wasnt meant to come over that way :) I was more just dissapointed with the content, I expected a bit more from him

Reactions: HulkRS3
Sorry, wasnt meant to come over that way :) I was more just dissapointed with the content, I expected a bit more from him
He’s too spoilt with everything else in his garage to care about a mere £60k motor for his crew to run around in

Reactions: NevMan and Mike.46
He’s too spoilt with everything else in his garage to care about a mere £60k motor for his crew to run around in

Yep, and one “loaned” for 6 months or whatever

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
nice review & good overview thanks :icon thumright:
But do you really think the RS3 is better than an RS6 or R8 ;)

I know the question was for him, but if I was being asked about the R8 and RS6 comparison I imagine it would come down to what you’re using it for.

R8 wins for me all day long as a weekend/pure fun car. It’s likely more nimble and just has the cool look and sound, but obviously only a two seater and no good for carrying family or any thing else really

RS6 for fast grand touring and outright straight line pace. Tons of space and super comfy for long trips but a really big car in all dimensions that makes it a bit scary for back road and small town driving. Supposed to be pretty dynamic but still a big heavy thing.

RS3 (or actually the RS4 too, for the most part) wins for everyday use with me. Good size for back road and towns, enough room for people and stuff in the car and still good to drive. They’re definitely don’t have the same cool or exclusivity factor as the R8 or RS6 for me, but they’re also a good chunk under the £100k mark, so I’ll manage to cope I think.

All good cars for what they’re designed for, just down to what you’re using it for and what you can afford I’d say!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RS3 S., Keano04 and Snake Pliskin
I know the question was for him, but if I was being asked about the R8 and RS6 comparison I imagine it would come down to what you’re using it for.

R8 wins for me all day long as a weekend/pure fun car. It’s likely more nimble and just has the cool look and sound, but obviously only a two seater and no good for carrying family or any thing else really

RS6 for fast grand touring and outright straight line pace. Tons of space and super comfy for long trips but a really big car in all dimensions that makes it a bit scary for back road and small town driving. Supposed to be pretty dynamic but still a big heavy thing.

RS3 (or actually the RS4 too, for the most part) wins for everyday use with me. Good size for back road and towns, enough room for people and stuff in the car and still good to drive. They’re definitely don’t have the same cool or exclusivity factor as the R8 or RS6 for me, but they’re also a good chunk under the £100k mark, so I’ll manage to cope I think.

All good cars for what they’re designed for, just down to what you’re using it for and what you can afford I’d say!

Yeah I guess in that context the RS3 is the most practical and usable and best value with little reduction in performance ... ok I'll have one :icon thumright:

Reactions: NevMan and Daggerit
Yeah I guess in that context the RS3 is the most practical and usable and best value with little reduction in performance ... ok I'll have one :icon thumright:

Twisted your arm?

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
nice review & good overview thanks :icon thumright:
But do you really think the RS3 is better than an RS6 or R8 ;)
Ive owned two R8, V8 and V10, V10 is the much better car, more hp, nicer sound (some prefer V8 sound) uses zero oil, and more mpg, you can daily one, looks odd putting two bags of plaster in boot at B&Q :laugh:
After a while the novelty wears off and even a weekend away has you asking about Hotel car parks etc, I dont think I could have left it outside on the street at night for eg, and you end up going in the Golf R.
One other thing is just about everyone notices you, from Kids who wave and put their thumbs up and their Dads who ask if they can take their kids pictures with the car, to people who go out of their way to let you into to traffic and people who go out of their way to not let you out and also sometimes with a lot of agression if you make eye contact with them with, 'WTF ARE YOU LOOKING AT YOU WAN*ER' type comments.
And then theres the EVO (place any number from 4-10 here) who drops back in a 30mph limit through towns then charges at you with the inevitable dump valve noise and if your in a V8 you really need to be avoiding a lot of hot hatch type stuff.
Would I own another? yes, great car, but it is really just a weekend car :)
OOps! original question, is the RS3 better than an R8? no, neither are better than each other, they have different roles to play :)

Attachments

• DSCF0461.JPG
    DSCF0461.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0972.JPG
    IMG_0972.JPG
    7.4 MB · Views: 70
Reactions: Mr Freeze, Frankel, 3vans and 3 others
Ive owned two R8, V8 and V10, V10 is the much better car, more hp, nicer sound (some prefer V8 sound) uses zero oil, and more mpg, you can daily one, looks odd putting two bags of plaster in boot at B&Q :laugh:
After a while the novelty wears off and even a weekend away has you asking about Hotel car parks etc, I dont think I could have left it outside on the street at night for eg, and you end up going in the Golf R.
One other thing is just about everyone notices you, from Kids who wave and put their thumbs up and their Dads who ask if they can take their kids pictures with the car, to people who go out of their way to let you into to traffic and people who go out of their way to not let you out and also sometimes with a lot of agression if you make eye contact with them with, 'WTF ARE YOU LOOKING AT YOU WAN*ER' type comments.
And then theres the EVO (place any number from 4-10 here) who drops back in a 30mph limit through towns then charges at you with the inevitable dump valve noise and if your in a V8 you really need to be avoiding a lot of hot hatch type stuff.
Would I own another? yes, great car, but it is really just a weekend car :)
OOps! original question, is the RS3 better than an R8? no, neither are better than each other, they have different roles to play :)

That's a very interesting insight mate thanks.
As you say, the RS3 gets admiring glances but otherwise goes under the radar and is a usable daily.

Reactions: Mike.46 and Daggerit
That's a very interesting insight mate thanks.
As you say, the RS3 gets admiring glances but otherwise goes under the radar and is a usable daily.
You also find yourself buying oil for the Audi service (they take around 10.5 litres from memory) Ebay £7 litre Audi £20-25 per litre, plus a lot of haggling when your 'big' service starts off at £1250 plus MOT and you walk out at £450 inc MOT after price match with your local independant :)

Reactions: RS3 S. and Snake Pliskin
Reactions: Mr Freeze, billyali86 and 8YARWY
That was the most interesting review of the lot and wow they really are praising this RS3 as a drivers car which is terrific.

Interesting part about adjusting the rear Diff to make it more stable at higher speeds.

Reactions: AndyVWR and NevMan
Interesting part about adjusting the rear Diff to make it more stable at higher speeds.

Yeah I noted that too and good to know.

Reactions: NevMan
Lol who needs bad CGI

b8d20ba8359c684b03fecc702a0e4252.png

2a44a4848b9cdaf8968707063324e21c.png

• Haha
Reactions: RS3 S., Mr Freeze, Keano04 and 3 others
Joe Achilles video should be dropping tonight so looking forward to that one.

Reactions: RS3 S., 3vans, Mike.46 and 3 others
Bmw fanboy so will be interesting to hear what he thinks.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr Freeze, 8YARWY and NevMan
Bmw fanboy so will be interesting to hear what he thinks.

TX.

Be posted a hint on his insta the other day, think he will be very positive about it, let’s see

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Mr Freeze, Terminator x and 1 other person
Not tempted yet John ?

I am, desperately holding out for a demo drive although every review so far seems to be golden!

TX.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, billyali86, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
I am, desperately holding out for a demo drive although every review so far seems to be golden!

TX.

You should read the PH review mate - that should convince you :icon thumright:

Reactions: Terminator x
Yes, definately, I do wonder a little though, if you look through his Instagram at how Audi looked after him whilst in Germany/Austria, eg: the view from his Austrian Hotel room must have been v expensive and a lovely little weekend away! Or the likes of Matt Watson Carwow 'I'm just off to Greece for a couple of days'' It must then be very difficult for anyone to turn around and say ''Oh and by the way your cars sh*t''....................we know it isn't but.........................

TX.

I did it the other way around first week in September, ordered car on the basis I liked the demo drive once they had one to drive or my deposit back, I just hope they do put it on demo and not with the rest of the £70K ones on Autotrader